What Are You Drinking ?

I got that too. I wasn't too keen on it to begin with but after a few tastes it got a bit better.

I'm currently having this from same order but not enjoying it IMG_20200612_165711.thumb.jpg.9a955a0ee75c68ea6eaa308356aef93f.jpg

Funnily enough that’s what I had first and thought it was great, on the tea party green tea cream ale right now. It’s not for me.

4 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Today’s apparently World Gin Day, so that’s an excuse for some Tanqueray Malacca for me later on. 

Bathtub gin for me! Potent stuff.

2 hours ago, Turkmenbashi said:

97F6D84B-B7CD-4DA4-B812-8145525423B0.jpeg

oh my word that's a good choice - a dry-hopped beer, very much like Armada from Harvey's, which can be spectacular - the (entirely intentional) slight cloudiness is making me moist - only thing wrong with that stuff is the small bottles - Armada is available on draught....

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Ordered a 24 can variety pack from Thistly Cross (with a nifty six can holder bag as well) and will give the Elderflower and Whisky Cask versions a go for the first time this evening. 

Big fan of Thistly Cross, especially the ginger version. Will be interested to hear what the two debutants are like

20200613_165016.thumb.jpg.9698e8650da63da9472b4222234ba20a.jpg
I bought a couple of bottles of this American style IPA  from Sainsbury's. It's brewed by Marston's.
Pretty nice. 
Those sainsburys ones are decent. The Rye one is a good aswell.

On another note I tried a Gose the other night. Rank.

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Big fan of Thistly Cross, especially the ginger version. Will be interested to hear what the two debutants are like

My mate's wedding was in Dunbar last year and right next door to where they make the stuff so the venue had Thistly Cross on tap instead of Strongbow or Magners. Which was both very good news at the time and made for a far lighter hangover the next day.

The elderflower is very good, with a distinct but not overpowering elderflower taste. With a slight carbonation and added ice it would be fantastic on a warm summer's day, which sadly it is not on the Clyde Riviera this evening. Hopefully the Scottish fruit ciders that came in the pack are done just as well.

The Whisky Cask claims to be matured in Glen Moray 12 year old whisky barrels. It's got a caramel or brown sugar like flavour without being too sweet and goes down very easily for 6.7%. It's a bit more interesting than the traditional or original varieties but I'm not sure if I prefer it to them or not.

Currently having an Ossian
Had a Birra Morreti torp beforehand and a bottle of Brookston beer (Aldi Budweiser) & Rossini (Aldi Peroni) this afternoon whilst watching the Bundesliga.

A neat glass of Ron Diplomatico Exclusiva Reserva, an aged Venezuelan rum. It's absolutely glorious stuff, like drinking a dark chocolate and coffee cake and IMO far better than most whisky you'd get in that price range.

A definite upside of the pubs being shut for so long is being able to upgrade the house stash by just buying the good stuff on Amazon instead.