What Are You Drinking ?

Not prone to rants on P & B, but....
Beer52 need to get right to fúck. 3 weeks for the next day delivery but, being a decent cove, I have tried to take a second case at full price before cancelling subsciption. After many days of trying, without success, to get through to them, they can take a hike. Feckin chancers. Credit card lot can sort it out. And Beer52 can shove their privately educated Edinburgh accents while they're at it.

Prepare to be called every now and again to try to persuade you to place another order. I got some wishy-washy response about exclusives when I told them I could have got half their previous from local supermarkets at half the price. I might still take them up one day on one of the free packs they keep offering me.

Prepare to be called every now and again to try to persuade you to place another order. I got some wishy-washy response about exclusives when I told them I could have got half their previous from local supermarkets at half the price. I might still take them up one day on one of the free packs they keep offering me.
Tbf, I prefer live beer - even if it has to be in mini-casks at present.received_843873226107196.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:

Not prone to rants on P & B, but....
Beer52 need to get right to fúck. 3 weeks for the next day delivery but, being a decent cove, I have tried to take a second case at full price before cancelling subsciption. After many days of trying, without success, to get through to them, they can take a hike. Feckin chancers. Credit card lot can sort it out. And Beer52 can shove their privately educated Edinburgh accents while they're at it.

I got through after 20mins, then spent 3 mins max on the phone. Guy even apologised to me before starting the “stay with us” spiel.

7 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I got through after 20mins, then spent 3 mins max on the phone. Guy even apologised to me before starting the “stay with us” spiel.

Similar experience for me. Few minutes waiting to get through and spoke with the guy for all of 2 minutes before it was sorted and cancelled.

Tbf, I prefer live beer - even if it has to be in mini-casks at present.received_843873226107196.thumb.jpeg.0c88c61d2d67f7206c8d323cedf7c5e2.jpeg
That's a lot of mini-casks! I didn't know they did them. I drive past them for family weekends away quite regularly (when we're not in lockdown obviously) and one of those looks very tempting. Do you need to keep it in the fridge to keep it cool? We would have to take our weekend's food out!

In the process of moving from East Lancs to Greater Manchester I thought it might be prudent to acquire a taste for this stuff - sometimes described as "The Cream of Manchester"

Not quite there yet, but I'm prepared to persevere with it.

download.jpg

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

In the process of moving from East Lancs to Greater Manchester I thought it might be prudent to acquire a taste for this stuff - sometimes described as "The Cream of Manchester"

download.jpg

It's fucking rotten as are all the similar beers. Worthingtons, John Smith etc.

A good draught Boddies is a very decent session beer. A bit out of fashion with the craft beer explosion but down Lancashire way once pubs reopen it's generally a reliable enough pint. Certainly miles better than Smith's and the likes.

download.jpg.feede7eb8869ad2b573b72ca3e37e0f8.jpg

3 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

download.jpg

I was in Warrington for work and bought a pint of 'Boddies' purely on the basis of this ad:

My first and last pint of the stuff - and agree with Sgt Wilson.

Anyway, tonight I have a couple of bottles of Asahi in the fridge.  Perfect for a warm spring evening.

40 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I was in Warrington for work and bought a pint of 'Boddies' purely on the basis of this ad:

Anyway, tonight I have a couple of bottles of Asahi in the fridge.  Perfect for a warm spring evening.

That's quite a strong one, Kinc....

Might explain some of these weird posts of yours that appear on here during "the wee sma' hours"

It’s been very warm, have a nice cold drink and grab a wee treat out the freezer...