What Are You Drinking ?

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Have never been to that one so I'll take your word for it.

Any of the one's been to have been fine. The one at Edinburgh airport sells cans that you can put in to your carry on luggage!

I'm impressed!  The one in Finnieston on is like a Clyde fans wet dream of a Thistle pub - goatees, unicyclists, Scrabble playing compulsory, yada yada. Back on topic  - Williams Bros Rubus Grapefruit IPA. Excellente.

42 minutes ago, virginton said:

Where are these from? Sainsbury's were stocking them a while ago but I haven't seen them recently. They're far better than the sad, flat bottles that fester in the supermarkets.

Co-Op, EK village.  I normally buy them from Sainsbury’s but as you say, haven’t seen them in a while.

28 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

I'm impressed!  The one in Finnieston on is like a Clyde fans wet dream of a Thistle pub - goatees, unicyclists, Scrabble playing compulsory, yada yada. Back on topic  - Williams Bros Rubus Grapefruit IPA. Excellente.

Absolutely love Williams Brothers stuff. Definitely my favourite Scottish brewery.

Where did you get said beer?

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Absolutely love Williams Brothers stuff. Definitely my favourite Scottish brewery.

Where did you get said beer?

Aldi. £1.29 a can. On that theme they have an Orange version (not my thang - too Orangey). Also an Elderberry and Lime IPA which was acceptable but tasted of nothing like Elderberry and Lime! Aldi seems to have a much better range than Lidl.

14 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

Aldi. £1.29 a can. On that theme they have an Orange version (not my thang - too Orangey). Also an Elderberry and Lime IPA which was acceptable but tasted of nothing like Elderberry and Lime! Aldi seems to have a much better range than Lidl.

Have had the Elderberry and Lime one. Very nice but too easy to drink!

Aye Aldi usually have a great selection of Scottish beers. Lidl is ok but unless they're doing their Scottish beer week they lag way beyond.

Aldi seem to have a deal with William Brothers that they brew quite a few beers exclusively for Aldi, think there's a West Coast ipa called Klute and a Belgian Ipa called Brel which are both pretty decent.

10 hours ago, I am Partacus said:

They're about as Punk as Bob Geldof. Aren't they lords or lairds now courtesy of our imperial German overlords?  Some of their beers are good but their pubs are utter dung 

"Some of their beers are good"

So we're in agreement then.

10 hours ago, I am Partacus said:

Where it is is the issue then, not what it is.

I've never actually been in the Scottish ones, but English city ones are all great, especially Bristol, which has a great site and beer garden by the river.

been in the dundee brewdog a few times. i like it but can see how some people think it can be a bit wanky. on good stockists of beer. sainsbury’s is really good imo as well as aldi and lidl. williams brothers are one of my favourites. like west products as well

12 hours ago, virginton said:

Where are these from? Sainsbury's were stocking them a while ago but I haven't seen them recently. They're far better than the sad, flat bottles that fester in the supermarkets.

Sainsbury still have them.

Aldi seem to have a deal with William Brothers that they brew quite a few beers exclusively for Aldi, think there's a West Coast ipa called Klute and a Belgian Ipa called Brel which are both pretty decent.
Yeah, I've noticed a few of the bottles and cans say they're brewed exclusively for Aldi on them. Great deal for them as I assume they're products are then sold across the rest of the UK and possibly even Europe.

The grapefruit one is lovely but I really wasn't sure about the elderberry and lime one.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Where it is is the issue then, not what it is.

I've never actually been in the Scottish ones, but English city ones are all great, especially Bristol, which has a great site and beer garden by the river.

the Kelvingrove Brewdog is pretty decent and actually has quite an eclectic bunch of folks that frequent it - "pub" locals, students, hipsters, those coming in from the park, tourists and a few folks who alternate between Brewdog, Gallus and Inn Deep (I recognise them from their dugs). It's airy and open with a great view of the art gallery and an outside seating area. oh, and very dug friendly and personally I like the beer. So ticks most boxes for me but if I had to make the choice between Inn Deep under Kelvin Bridge and Brewdog, would opt for Inn Deep with their range of Williams products. 

6 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

the Kelvingrove Brewdog is pretty decent and actually has quite an eclectic bunch of folks that frequent it - "pub" locals, students, hipsters, those coming in from the park, tourists and a few folks who alternate between Brewdog, Gallus and Inn Deep (I recognise them from their dugs). It's airy and open with a great view of the art gallery and an outside seating area. oh, and very dug friendly and personally I like the beer. So ticks most boxes for me but if I had to make the choice between Inn Deep under Kelvin Bridge and Brewdog, would opt for Inn Deep with their range of Williams products. 

Are you me? Oh, wait: I don't have a dog.

Edited by Bold Rover
Have

Having a glass of ‘Wine Route’ Chardonnay with dinner.  It’s part of the Tesco meal deal and worth the £7 cover price when bought alone.
Of course buying it with the meal deal means getting the food (a main, side and dessert) for £3.  Excellent value.
Peasant.
Was sure you stretched to Markies £12 deal.
Far better scran and wider wine selection.

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Peasant.
Was sure you stretched to Markies £12 deal.
Far better scran and wider wine selection.

I’ve often had the M&S one and have found the wines no better than the Tesco Chardonnay.  The food is good (as is M&S food in general) but some of the Tesco food is also very good.

And yes, I am a peasant.

I think that Brewdog have become the Kings of Leon of the beer world, were really good when they first started out, maybe lost abit of their magic as they've become more popular and mainstream to the point that it's now fashionable to say you don't like them.