What Are You Drinking ?

Speaking of 'red' wine - Took a punt on this:

20200523_220647.jpg

Has to be the worst thing I've ever tasted. Horrendous doesn't cover it. Missus used some for her batch of spaghetti bolognese. That's about all it's good for.

Edited by Ludo*1

2 hours ago, Steven W said:

I just like the taste of their beers

They're about as Punk as Bob Geldof. Aren't they lords or lairds now courtesy of our imperial German overlords?  Some of their beers are good but their pubs are utter dung 

3 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

A9820254-CE31-496B-A632-B323566903A6.jpeg

Where are these from? Sainsbury's were stocking them a while ago but I haven't seen them recently. They're far better than the sad, flat bottles that fester in the supermarkets.

53 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

20200523_220647.jpg

Has to be the worst thing I've ever tasted. Horrendous doesn't cover it. Missus used some for her batch of spaghetti bolognese. That's about all it's good for.

That's not a red wine champ: it's the Greek equivalent of port. Which should make for an 'unusual' spag bol taste to say the least.

Edited by vikingTON

59 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

They're about as Punk as Bob Geldof. Aren't they lords or lairds now courtesy of our imperial German overlords?  Some of their beers are good but their pubs are utter dung 

I don't care about their advertising. I've liked all of their bars I've been in (except the prices!) and I like most of their beers. I didn't even know about them until me and a friend went to one of their bars in Dundee in 2014.

Don't get the hate they get on here. Much of it is made up stuff (most notably that their bars are full of snobs who mock anyone who doesn't like Brewdog products).

But then it doesn't affect me. I'll continue to drink their beers and, when I can, will have the odd pint in one of their bars (as I said, it's pricey, although their prices haven't changed much in years and 'regular' pubs seem to be fast catching up in that regard).

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's not a red wine champ: it's the Greek equivalent of port. Which should make for an 'unusual' spag bol taste to say the least.

Asda described it as a 'sweet wine' which is all I went off. https://groceries.asda.com/product/all-other-grapes/mavrodaphne-of-patras-nyx/910002715535

Fared not too badly in the spag bol all things considered! 

Makes sense that it's port opposed to red though as I hate that too.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

20200523_220647.jpg

That's a sweet desert wine. I used to get it from a pal in Jerry cans. 

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't care about their advertising. I've liked all of their bars I've been in (except the prices!) and I like most of their beers. I didn't even know about them until me and a friend went to one of their bars in Dundee in 2014.

Don't get the hate they get on here. Much of it is made up stuff (most notably that their bars are full of snobs who mock anyone who doesn't like Brewdog products).

But then it doesn't affect me. I'll continue to drink their beers and, when I can, will have the odd pint in one of their bars (as I said, it's pricey, although their prices haven't changed much in years and 'regular' pubs seem to be fast catching up in that regard).

I don't 'hate' them, in fact I'm happy that a Scottish company is making an impact abroad and creating revenue for our country. I just see their marketing as, just well that, no different from a multinational brewer.  Their pub in West End Glasgow is beyond dreadful though.

Asda described it as a 'sweet wine' which is all I went off. https://groceries.asda.com/product/all-other-grapes/mavrodaphne-of-patras-nyx/910002715535

Fared not too badly in the spag bol all things considered! 

Makes sense that it's port opposed to red though as I hate that too.

Aye the reviews on the Vivino app describe it as being very sweet and not to everyone’s taste. The reviews back up your opinion and the description of it as a port style wine likewise back up other views.

6 minutes ago, I am Partacus said:

I don't 'hate' them, in fact I'm happy that a Scottish company is making an impact abroad and creating revenue for our country. I just see their marketing as, just well that, no different from a multinational brewer.  Their pub in West End Glasgow is beyond dreadful though.

Have never been to that one so I'll take your word for it.

Any of the one's been to have been fine. The one at Edinburgh airport sells cans that you can put in to your carry on luggage!