What Are You Drinking ?

Pineapple milkshake IPA.

IPAs have changed a lot in recent times

This started off quite nice and refreshing but it's actually a step too far in the faddy "juicy" direction. With that in mind I dont have huge hopes for my next which is the Neopolitan Ice Cream Pale ale.

I first came across their stuff on the Isle of Rum last year, which had a ridiculous range of small regional beers for a village that gets three boats or something per week coming from the mainland. A bottle of crisp lager straight from the fridge after a scorching day up the hills was special; it stood up to that standard on later purchase as well. 
They're stocking Dark Ness and two of their ales in Tesco now; can't vouch for what it was like before but it's pretty good stuff now. It's not the full-bodied stout of its bottle description but is closer to a Czech-style dark beer: refreshingly drinkable like lager but with the usual roasted malt flavours

Yeah. It’s a dark lager more than a stout. It used to be atrocious on tap - light bodied and not much flavour.

On to this one now which is pretty decent. Tastes more like a normal beer IMG_20200516_153345.thumb.jpg.9c72ccea4f14cba8b5f8f42e998c44fb.jpg

I like that one a lot. Beautiful can designs as well.

Tonight I had a Port City Porter from Virginia, and it was glorious. 7.2% but went down a real treat. Thick, deep and chocolatey.

17 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Last one of the Beer52 delivery...

IMG_1128.jpg

Lovely way to finish the set. More hit than miss from the 8 beers overall, glad I took advantage of the free month.

Beer52 is very solid.  Knocks spots off the Flavourly beers. 

On 16/05/2020 at 19:50, The Naitch said:

Last one of the Beer52 delivery...

IMG_1128.jpg

Lovely way to finish the set. More hit than miss from the 8 beers overall, glad I took advantage of the free month.

Was tempted to do the same recently but read stories about it being a hassle trying to cancel with them.

Quite like the Galway Bay beers I’ve tried. The bars of theirs I visited on trips to Galway and Dublin had pretty decent selections.

Edited by Rodhull
Because what the hell is Zebulon?

10 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Beer52 is very solid.  Knocks spots off the Flavourly beers. 

Yeah, quite impressed. There were only 2 of the 8 that I thought were rotten so I think that's a pretty decent strike rate.

I've cancelled the subscription but will definitely order more now that I know what I like.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Was tempted to do the same recently but read stories about it being a hassle trying to cancel with them.

Quite like the Galway Bay beers I’ve tried. The bars of theirs I visited on trips to Galway and Zebulon had pretty decent selections.

I was on the phone to them for all of two minutes, it couldn't have been easier to get it cancelled.

Edited by The Naitch

Is it an actual keg, or do you just turf it once it's empty? 
How much does shipping cost? 

I was £145 for 5 2l “kegs” and the pump. In fairness it’s maybe next to describe them as very large cans. I’d say it’s worth it myself. My girlfriends even been converted after having a pint from it.