What Are You Drinking ?

4 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

If there were only one brewery in the world, I'd want it to be Williams'.

I'm not a big drinker but their Joker IPA always hits the spot. Morrisons often have one of their ranges reduced to £1.25 per bottle too. 

Got my Beer 52 delivery this morning. Will try them out at the weekend and report back.

I got a box of beers from them 2 week ago mate, a pal has a subscription and basically sent me a golden ticket for 8 free beers, I ended up adding an extra 2 beers for a fiver when offered, not bad for 10 beers eh! The box was pretty good, I’m a big craft beer drinker and wasn’t expecting anything special but it was pretty solid! 2 of the beers in the box you can get in Tesco so that was a bit of a meh but every other beer was new and decent. I’ve decided to keep the subscription going, think it’s about £25 for 10 beers the deal I got, will see how this next box turns out and cancel if it’s a shiter! If it is I’m thinking of doing the Mikkeller box, reading good stuff [emoji1303]

4 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

If there were only one brewery in the world, I'd want it to be Williams'.

Williams Brothers are indeed absolutely brilliant. There's a pub in Alloa that has Cesar Augustus and Joker on tap (The Old Brewery) and I also go in for a few if I'm there for the football.

13 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

I got a box of beers from them 2 week ago mate, a pal has a subscription and basically sent me a golden ticket for 8 free beers, I ended up adding an extra 2 beers for a fiver when offered, not bad for 10 beers eh! The box was pretty good, I’m a big craft beer drinker and wasn’t expecting anything special but it was pretty solid! 2 of the beers in the box you can get in Tesco so that was a bit of a meh but every other beer was new and decent. I’ve decided to keep the subscription going, think it’s about £25 for 10 beers the deal I got, will see how this next box turns out and cancel if it’s a shiter! If it is I’m thinking of doing the Mikkeller box, reading good stuff emoji1303.png

Strangely enough Marks and Spencer foodhalls sell Mikkeller. They also sell Beavertown beer. I would highly recommend Beavertown beers to anyone, especially Neck Oil, Gamma Ray and Lupuloid. Neck Oil is especially incredible and might be my favourite beer.

Behind The Wall in Falkirk has it on tap, as does The Gellions in Inverness. Pricey but definitely worth it, plus the Beavertown glasses are pretty cool and worth nicking.

I got a box of beers from them 2 week ago mate, a pal has a subscription and basically sent me a golden ticket for 8 free beers, I ended up adding an extra 2 beers for a fiver when offered, not bad for 10 beers eh! The box was pretty good, I’m a big craft beer drinker and wasn’t expecting anything special but it was pretty solid! 2 of the beers in the box you can get in Tesco so that was a bit of a meh but every other beer was new and decent. I’ve decided to keep the subscription going, think it’s about £25 for 10 beers the deal I got, will see how this next box turns out and cancel if it’s a shiter! If it is I’m thinking of doing the Mikkeller box, reading good stuff [emoji1303]

Beer 52 is pretty decent, I reckon. I think its £24 for 8, which when you include posting is pretty reasonable. The mixed box is better, I find the pales-only a bit samey. Only downside is they use Hermes, who are indeed a parcel of rogues.

I also tried Flavourly - just to get the glasses - and their beers were all 4% lager shite. Beer52 is definitely the better option.

Strangely enough Marks and Spencer foodhalls sell Mikkeller. They also sell Beavertown beer. I would highly recommend Beavertown beers to anyone, especially Neck Oil, Gamma Ray and Lupuloid. Neck Oil is especially incredible and might be my favourite beer.
Behind The Wall in Falkirk has it on tap, as does The Gellions in Inverness. Pricey but definitely worth it, plus the Beavertown glasses are pretty cool and worth nicking.
Kona Big Wave is a really good Hawaiin beer that M&S sell. Only seen it there and online before.

Beer 52 is pretty decent, I reckon. I think its £24 for 8, which when you include posting is pretty reasonable. The mixed box is better, I find the pales-only a bit samey. Only downside is they use Hermes, who are indeed a parcel of rogues.

I also tried Flavourly - just to get the glasses - and their beers were all 4% lager shite. Beer52 is definitely the better option.

Aye Flavourly are indeed pish! I used to have the Northern Monk box monthly, was £35 for 8-9 beers, usually big belters but cancelled it a while back, Hopefully Beer52 provides the goods again, my mate loves them.

Yep seen all the beers in all the supermarkets, Tesco right now are flying with the craft, some absolute belters! Mikkeller have a YouTube channel that shows you what’s in the boxes each month, it’s a bit pricey but the quality of beers look cracking!

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I bought from Flavourly too, primarily for the glasses but also to top up my rapidly expanding Lockdown Stash. Like yourself pretty disappointed in the beers they sent 

5 hours ago, jamieson87 said:

Strong smell of blueberry waffles. Taste is the same with a hint of salt/sourness. A very nice beer. 

85188925-2BA5-4719-BF79-31A3F4F8199B.jpeg

Evil Twin make some really nice stuff, although 6.5 is huge for a gose. If you have any interest in stouts and see Even More Jesus or Imperial Biscotti Break, just grab em.