What Are You Drinking ?

Had a couple of glasses of Apothic Red (2018) tonight with my dinner (ribs) and it was fantastic. DId a quick Google to see what the general consensus was and it seems to be a huge hit for plebs like me but looked down on by the wine aficionados, mainly because it's 3/4 different grapes and too sugary. I'll definitely be getting it again though.

Had a couple of glasses of Apothic Red (2018) tonight with my dinner (ribs) and it was fantastic. DId a quick Google to see what the general consensus was and it seems to be a huge hit for plebs like me but looked down on by the wine aficionados, mainly because it's 3/4 different grapes and too sugary. I'll definitely be getting it again though.

Your post suggests you won’t be put off. If you like it then you like it. Doesn’t matter a jot what others think. Some of the best wines in the world are blends of different grapes.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

20200505_131239.thumb.jpg.a11dd7213e1fa4aa21a59de686b4daea.jpg

Thish is awfy nice.

20200505_131302.thumb.jpg.5cab76c225905606eaead45911d5a454.jpg

This is next up. £5 from Lidl.

Going to Lidl tomorrow, sadly it might be before 10 am otherwise...

Nice outdoor table btw.

Going to Lidl tomorrow, sadly it might be before 10 am otherwise...
Nice outdoor table btw.

If you end up going after 10 and are looking for red wine options from Lidl then I highly recommend the attached, it’s glorious!

IMG_4176.jpg

Nailed all my beers and a bottle of red (split with Mrs B, I'm not a jakey)

William's Bros do not make a bad beer, and now Mrs B is at me to make a Fraoch, which I will. Firstly because I have heather in my garden and secondly because I can then drink lots and lots of Fraoch.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Nailed all my beers and a bottle of red (split with Mrs B, I'm not a jakey)

William's Bros do not make a bad beer, and now Mrs B is at me to make a Fraoch, which I will. Firstly because I have heather in my garden and secondly because I can then drink lots and lots of Fraoch.

If there were only one brewery in the world, I'd want it to be Williams'.