What Are You Drinking ?

For an old guy like me brought up on McEwan's Export and Tartan Special, the Imperial Bar in Glasgow, which sells both on draught, is a joy. They're both keg but well-kept and I get hacked off with all this hoppy pish.

21 hours ago, HI HAT said:

Mrs Hi hat came in from Lidl with 2 660ml bottles of Hop Rocker, never bought any Brewdog products before, always thought it was over priced for what it was. Verdict is that it's not a bad drop but if I had the choice I'd have bought Ceasar Augustus out of the Williams Bros stable. Cheers

I like it a lot but Punk IPA is better and only £3 a pint in one of my locals.

Suns over the yardarm and all that stuff so about to crack this. Probably the best beer in Japan if not anywhere. Kansai 

C3C92D6A-B356-439E-88D7-AAF4AF2B0279.thumb.jpeg.f3c225177057505875b5a2414c9f732b.jpeg

ETA: Tastes as good as I remember it did but will be having a lot more over the next 3 weeks just to make sure.

Tokyo IPA from the Far Yeast Brewing Co. Taste reminds me a bit of Hoegaarden but it’s not a wheat beer. Only thing spoiling it is 2 of the 3 in the pic turned out to be septics. IMG_3817.jpg

12 minutes ago, Eednud said:

Tokyo IPA from the Far Yeast Brewing Co. Taste reminds me a bit of Hoegaarden but it’s not a wheat beer. Only thing spoiling it is 2 of the 3 in the pic turned out to be septics. IMG_3817.jpg

U sure that's not a pint of your own piss m8? 

It’s not my recycled piss it’s Yona Ale. Yona yona is supposed to mean every night and I’d be happy to drink this as well as most other beers every night. The septics have multiplied. There’s actually 5 of them. IMG_3819.thumb.jpg.d2ad65d05bdefef08d112041021155ad.jpg

8 minutes ago, Eednud said:

It’s not my recycled piss it’s Yona Ale. Yona yona is supposed to mean every night and I’d be happy to drink this as well as most other beers every night. The septics have multiplied. There’s actually 5 of them. IMG_3819.thumb.jpg.d2ad65d05bdefef08d112041021155ad.jpg

Polished off the nuts as well I see

Polished off the nuts as well I see

The crunch helped drown out the septics. It’s springtime in Nippon so it’s over to a Spring Valley Brewing Co. On The Cloud White Ale. It’s not too terrible. IMG_3821.jpg

3 minutes ago, Eednud said:

The crunch helped drown out the septics. It’s springtime in Nippon so it’s over to a Spring Valley Brewing Co. On The Cloud White Ale. It’s not too terrible. IMG_3821.jpg

I'd have suggested throwing the nuts at the Septics but it would probably have led to accusation of racism given events of the past day or so!

Harvey's seasonal summer ales now available for your delectation and delight (well, mine anyway); the armada stuff is particularly fine, especially on draught; the olympia is gloriously hoppy (leave it) and makes the perfect summer session beer; deceptively inoffensive, half a dozen* of them will have you  raging - for a bit - and then comatose...

image.png.6dbf46291f7626a24b0beaf9f9d5acd8.png

* pints, not bottles - that'd be a poor state of affairs if you were incapacitated by such minimal intake

• 2 weeks later...