What Are You Drinking ?

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The glass to be used depends on two things; if it's a bottle or can and the size of said bottle or can

If I'm drinking different beers I change the glass for each one anyway. If that makes me a beer snob, so what.

I put Tennents in a bucket and wash the car with it.

On the G n T myself.

13 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

If I'm drinking different beers I change the glass for each one anyway. If that makes me a beer snob, so what.

I put Tennents in a bucket and wash the car with it.

On the G n T myself.

A sound policy. A clean glass is a fundamental of a good beer (or indeed any drink). In Brewdog bars they have a water skoosher thing that they use on each glass before serving. Seem it in some other bars as well.

Anyway;

20180922_210136.thumb.jpg.c0d7b4647b2c89fcff58559712fda84e.jpg

71 Brewing is a Dundee brewery. They do some good stuff and this is their most recent. They have a tap room (bar basically) in Dundee quite near the uni. I've yet to go but plan to do so soon to try a few.

This is a Munich Dunkel and not a red ale, although they are pretty similar (a Munich Dunkel, and Dunkels in general, are smoother and have a more neutral aroma; Skye brewery do a lovely red ale). This has bitter tones but is perfectly quaffable.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

We all know Innis and Gunn. Some good beers but their pub in Dundee, the Beer Kitchen, is a pretentious w**k filled dimly lit bag of shite to be avoided.

Anyway, Mango IPA. It's nice.

20180922_220952.thumb.jpg.c0c4fe08262c6bdedd66b41cb086bf29.jpg

Had a couple of those last night. I went out with the intention of getting Brewdog grapefruit and tangerine stuff, but got that instead. It was decent.

19 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Had a couple of those last night. I went out with the intention of getting Brewdog grapefruit and tangerine stuff, but got that instead. It was decent.

Yeah it's nice.

Anyway, funny you should bring up that Brewdog stuff...

20180922_223745.thumb.jpg.fb7dbbe4bbbc964a6643a6d40422f08f.jpg

It's actually lovely, especially for a sour  Too often sours just take like a beer has gone off and assail the tongue right away. This one only has a slight bit of sourness to it, that hits upon each sip but very quickly gives way to the tasty grapefruit and tangerine flavours, with a bit of lemon. Pleasant aftertaste, something sours often get wrong. Although being a sour you can't have more than 2 in a row. 

Edited by DA Baracus

From the tremendous Harvieston Brewery in Stirling, a pale ale. Note it's not an IPA. Aroma wise it smells like a Tennents like lager. Taste wise at first it's akin to 80 Shilling but the immediate flavour is far nicer and the finish is smooth.

20180923_015327.thumb.jpg.4ab28b2c613a14c25ad721a4061055f4.jpg

20180922_194652.thumb.jpg.501444921db0f2ae932d50da3c32e128.jpg
This stuff was lovely. The first whiff genuinely smelled a bit like weed. However it calmed down and delivered really tasty floral notes. Was like drinking a nice beer that had been dipped in a flower basket then a fruit basket.

I always get that whiff of weed from Peroni.