Rugby Union

kiwififer

Decent result, keeps it alive for us, good on ya mate :P

The Wallabies finally turned up and put in a good performance. I've only seen the Beast play against the Lions and the last Aussie game and this was the first time I've seen him well and truly beaten in the scrum.

You still need a bonus point (as well as two victories) to draw level though?

The Wallabies finally turned up and put in a good performance. I've only seen the Beast play against the Lions and the last Aussie game and this was the first time I've seen him well and truly beaten in the scrum.

You still need a bonus point (as well as two victories) to draw level though?

yeah, sounds about right. I'm just in from work, and they were discussing the point on talk radio, and they were arguing against having the bonus point, as they were saying it rewards losing....

Doesn't matter anyway, cause the AB's are going to get roasted by the boks.

God what's up with Saint's at the moment? Another loss and this time to Catalans :blink: . I will accept losing to Leeds but not Catalans especially at home. It's not acceptable. I heard that there may be unrest in the dressing room which I hope isn't true as this team really has the potential to win the play-offs but right now I really fear for us :( . Also the young guys coming through better be good ( I'm sure they will be) or else we are screwed for the next couple of years as the team which has dominated the mordern era is starting to fall apart with players leaving/ retiring.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow the catalans are through to the semis :o . Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season. I'm not suprised Leeds picked them as their opponents though. I think Leeds will be to strong especailly since they're at home. It would have been really intresting if Leeds had been able to pick Saints but they weren't allowed. It would certainly have been suprising and it would have made for a very spicy and entairtaining semi. The Wigan game ( the other semi) I'm sure will be spicy and entairtaining though with hopefully not to many injuries for Saints.

COME ON YOU SAINTS :D !

I've been watching the NRL semis as well ( paramatta and Melbourne through the final) and sadly I see both of them being to strong for whoever wins the Super League.

I heard they might be bringing back the Yorkshire-Lancashire games or they might introduce an Super League international select to play against the English players in super league. I reckon both of these would be good ideas as Australia has something similar ( state of origin) and it works well. I'd also like to see the super league team of the year against the NRL team of the year. That would be a very entairtaining match!

What does everyone think about Aregintina getting put in the Tri-nations. I think it's a good idea as it will freshen up a tournament which is getting stale ( at least for me it is) and it will mean Aregentina will get better which can only be good for the state of the game.

What does everyone think about Aregintina getting put in the Tri-nations. I think it's a good idea as it will freshen up a tournament which is getting stale ( at least for me it is) and it will mean Aregentina will get better which can only be good for the state of the game.

If they can get their best players to play all then definitely worth it. It's just a shame they're so far away from anyone else half-decent.

I've discussed this with people down here, and they think it would be a great idea. Money talks however, and it is unlikely it will happen. Oh aye - it's only stale as SA are just head and shoulders above everyone else just now.

You could argue for Spain to be included in the six nations, it's the same arguements - widening the appeal of rugby and so on, but it's not going to happen soon.

I've discussed this with people down here, and they think it would be a great idea. Money talks however, and it is unlikely it will happen. Oh aye - it's only stale as SA are just head and shoulders above everyone else just now.

I think you're reading the wrong papers, chief. It's coming in (Argentina that is) in 2012.

I also see Graham Henry is suggesting reducing the value of a penalty to one point as people (generally those in a dark green shirt) can kick the ball fucking miles and the game is just becoming a kickfest.

I think you're reading the wrong papers, chief. It's coming in (Argentina that is) in 2012.

I also see Graham Henry is suggesting reducing the value of a penalty to one point as people (generally those in a dark green shirt) can kick the ball fucking miles and the game is just becoming a kickfest.

I think that's a good idea. Less kicking means more running with the ball which means more trys :D !

Argentina are ment to be joining the tri-nations or four-nations as it will be called now round about 2012 are they not?

The likes of Hernandez, Lobbe, Tiesi and Leguizamon will be coming into there prime. Really gutted about Corleto retiring early because of injury always thought he was a cracking player.

It's not chief anymore, more likely to be a blue lol!

Anyhoo, just going by what I read in stuff a while back, and saw on the telly. If Argentina does come in, they would get whipped every year, but eventually get a hell of a lot better imo. Personally, it would be a great thing...

Could it open up rugby to South America, especially seeing Rio won the olympic bid, and '7's are being pushed to be included at London.

Forgot to put this in here but here goes MELBOURNE STORM 09 NRL CHAMPIONS!!!! :D and U20 toyota cup champions too. As for Argentina entering the tri-nations they will be the whipping boys but it will improve them as a team and rugby nation.

Forgot to put this in here but here goes MELBOURNE STORM 09 NRL CHAMPIONS!!!! :D and U20 toyota cup champions too. As for Argentina entering the tri-nations they will be the whipping boys but it will improve them as a team and rugby nation.

aye congrats, team of the decade?

• 2 weeks later...

Well done. From what I seen they were by far the best team in the NRL.

Anyway ScotlandRL got off to a flying start in the European cup beating Italy 104-0 :D . I'm going to their next game home to Lebannon at old Anniesland.