Rugby Union

kiwififer

3 hours ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Would work better than the original plan of sprinkling those players through the super 6 clubs (is awful in football though)

I'd wager if they play more meaningful games together that would turn out on the international front I'd hope. 

You're right. As a fan of a Lowland League team I've noticed other fans down there want nothing to do with it. Probably because they think it allows the Old Firm to increase their monopoly on the game up here. Even the Hearts B team are struggling as the Old Firm still have muscle in Edinburgh. However their captain Arron Darge is Rory Darge's brother.

However in rugby the international game is always seen as the top level so I think it could work as a template at least.

Better to learn playing with and against more experienced players than just against them. There isn't enough depth in Scottish rugby to put out two competitive u20 squads at Super 6 level.

The SRU do need to get more youngsters playing regularly in Super 6 but it is definitely up on last year and it showed tonight.

Aye the SRU should be ensuring that the u20's get more game time in the Super 6 as there is no way the strength is there to have 2 full u20's playing in it, and as has been said better gaining experience alongside rather than against.

I also dont think anyone u20 at Glasgow or Edinburgh that gets game time is ever picked for SCotland at u20 (ie Dobbie hasnt featured the last few years).

Only saw about 20 minutes yesterday but seemed a much better performance than the last few years

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

Aye the SRU should be ensuring that the u20's get more game time in the Super 6 as there is no way the strength is there to have 2 full u20's playing in it, and as has been said better gaining experience alongside rather than against.

I also dont think anyone u20 at Glasgow or Edinburgh that gets game time is ever picked for SCotland at u20 (ie Dobbie hasnt featured the last few years).

Only saw about 20 minutes yesterday but seemed a much better performance than the last few years

Most of the guys who were U20 eligible were actually playing for Glasgow and Embra during the U20 6N over the last couple of years through necessity at the clubs, and several of them already have full caps. That decision may also have been affected by the absence of the U20 World Cup, which meant they could afford to take that gamble to an extent. Dobie, Smith, Thompson, Darge would all be guys who still have contracts to whom that would apply, as well as one other who no longer has a contract.

We’re back with the age-old issue where we don’t have enough guys coming out of U18 at the same level of physical development as other nations, so when they hit that second growth spurt at that age, we are hoping they turn into monsters overnight. I’d argue our skill levels across the team last night were higher than England’s, but you need the physicality to support that. Swap 2 or 3 forwards over last night and we’d have battered them

Wales are playing like old has beens. AWJ is a legend of the game but he should've retired by now. He's being held together like a Blue Peter arts and crafts figure.

It's hard to judge if Ireland are really playing well as Wales have offered little even in Cardiff.

If we lose to this Wales team in Edinburgh next weekend then I'll drive Toony to Leicester myself.

7 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Wales are playing like old has beens. AWJ is a legend of the game but he should've retired by now. He's being held together like a Blue Peter arts and crafts figure.

It's hard to judge if Ireland are really playing well as Wales have offered little even in Cardiff.

If we lose to this Wales team in Edinburgh next weekend then I'll drive Toony to Leicester myself.

Wales have been shite. Ireland have been very Ireland, without yet hitting top gear