Rugby Union

kiwififer

6 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Im sure our tickets are actually less than last time - we were £80 4 years ago vs Wales and only £60 this time out for much the same area, but closer to pitch side. On the otherhand when we went to Wales this year they had added £20 to price from last visit that was voided by Covid

Yeah, I actually think Scotland is one of the cheapest, but the prices are still mental. I feel you may have got lucky with your area being re-evaluated or something as £60 odd tickets I'm sure are the old bronze tickets which I think were about £50 before.

I found an old ticket for Twickenham from the first time I went in 2013, £35. By the last time I went, 2019, the same ticket was £125. Also, my ticket up in the gods in Cardiff last season was well over £100.

I'm pretty resigned to just watching it on TV now.

25 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, I actually think Scotland is one of the cheapest, but the prices are still mental. I feel you may have got lucky with your area being re-evaluated or something as £60 odd tickets I'm sure are the old bronze tickets which I think were about £50 before.

I found an old ticket for Twickenham from the first time I went in 2013, £35. By the last time I went, 2019, the same ticket was £125. Also, my ticket up in the gods in Cardiff last season was well over £100.

I'm pretty resigned to just watching it on TV now.

yeah we may be a differenet tier this time, but only difference is we are pitchside rather than half way up the stand. Yeah we were £100 last time in Cardiff, we do the Wales game every year, and to be honest prefer Cardiff to Edinburgh

At be

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Thoughts? Inclined to agree with Cusiter here, could see the point if Cooney was 25 or 26, but why shoehorn in a guy who might only be around forr a year or two?

I dont think he would be any higher up the pecking order with us rather than Ireland, at best he would be 3rd or 4th choice, maybe even lower down the pecking order. Its not a position we are struggling for options for, he would maybe get 1 or 2 years at best out of him. I get Dempsey as its a position we are short of options, and he still has plenty of years left, I would be suprised if we entertained Conney.

Nah, Cooney's a great player I think. As far as I've heard he's basically been blackballed by Ireland because Sexton doesn't like him and that's the one and only reason he's not playing regularly for them. I'd take him for the world cup, I know it would upset some, but I think he would bring something to the squad alongside Price and White. Tough for Horne, but I'm not sure Townsend rates him these days anyway.

He'd also be absolutely desperate to get it up Ireland.