Rugby Union

kiwififer

Scotland woman finding new and unusual ways to lose rugby matches. This time they played well, ran in three good tries, but lost because their kicker didn't manage to kick a single point. Absolute sickener.

14 minutes ago, GAD said:

Scotland woman finding new and unusual ways to lose rugby matches. This time they played well, ran in three good tries, but lost because their kicker didn't manage to kick a single point. Absolute sickener.

Also managed to completely Hibs it by scoring in the 78th minute to tie the game up and then allowing Wales to easily get the ball back from their own restart and kick a winning penalty 

1 minute ago, Donathan said:

Also managed to completely Hibs it by scoring in the 78th minute to tie the game up and then allowing Wales to easily get the ball back from their own restart and kick a winning penalty 

Yeah, it was all very Scottish unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, GAD said:

I couldn't make Scotstoun on Saturday night due to the train strikes.  It's only the 2nd time in 10 years I've missed a home game so I can't grumble lol.  I had the fear as the Bulls were loaded with their Boks and were last season's finalists.  However, we played the Glasgow Warriors way of attacking, fast and intense rugby that they couldn't live with.  On the other hand, we lost 14 penalties which is far too many.  If we want to sort the away form and compete for silverware then discipline needs to be better.  George Horne and Sebastian Cancelliere were unplayable.

In other news, Rugby World had an article on Facebook saying that Mike Ashley is interested in buying Wasps...

5 minutes ago, come on shire said:

I couldn't make Scotstoun on Saturday night due to the train strikes.  It's only the 2nd time in 10 years I've missed a home game so I can't grumble lol.  I had the fear as the Bulls were loaded with their Boks and were last season's finalists.  However, we played the Glasgow Warriors way of attacking, fast and intense rugby that they couldn't live with.  On the other hand, we lost 14 penalties which is far too many.  If we want to sort the away form and compete for silverware then discipline needs to be better.  George Horne and Sebastian Cancelliere were unplayable.

In other news, Rugby World had an article on Facebook saying that Mike Ashley is interested in buying Wasps...

It was a strangely flat atmosphere for a decent game I thought but train strikes didn't help and Saturday night games aren't the best.

My view on a lot of Glasgow penalties was that the ref was woefully inconsistent on Saturday night. Looked like he was having a pretty poor night, but sometimes the view from the stands is slightly biased! 

A penalty in front of me, I felt summed it up where the Bulls were in one ruck, off their feet and in from the side, totally ignored only for the next ruck seconds later to be a penalty to Glasgow something that was not obvious! 

Looks like Wasps could be gone as well, with this weekends game vs Exeter off

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63232043

Will make it interesting whether they block promotion and stick at 10, or 1 up and have an 11 team season next year - long way to go but looks like Ealing and Jersey are going to be the top 2. I can imagine 1 up then gives the chance to get the Wasp and Worcester back up next year. to go back to 12

15 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Will make it interesting whether they block promotion and stick at 10, or 1 up and have an 11 team season next year - long way to go but looks like Ealing and Jersey are going to be the top 2. I can imagine 1 up then gives the chance to get the Wasp and Worcester back up next year. to go back to 12

What happens when all the blubs are in tens of millions of debt. They already sold 51% of the Premiership to private equity so there is nothing left in the cupboard.

Time for mass administrations and a winding up of the Premiership for a new competition?

35 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Did the season not start with 13 teams so the two going bust leaves 11 this season?

Wasps moving from London to Coventry has to be one of the worst business decisions of all time.

Edited by Detournement

6 hours ago, Detournement said:

Did the season not start with 13 teams so the two going bust leaves 11 this season?

Wasps moving from London to Coventry has to be one of the worst business decisions of all time.

Your right, I just quickly checked the table and didnt realise they had aready taken Worcester out, so 1 up and no further relegation makes 12

On 13/10/2022 at 02:59, Savage Henry said:

Just saw a recent picture of Doddie Weir. Aw f**k. 

Horrible illness. Him, Rob Burrow and others is heartbreaking. 

On 12/10/2022 at 17:04, Detournement said:

I don't know enough about the stadium move and finances behind it but they did increase their attendances following it. 

The whole history of London rugby clubs is full of moving about - Saracens play closer to where Wasps were based before Loftus Road and Wycombe. The current amateur Wasps team play in Ealing. 

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

Horrible illness. Him, Rob Burrow and others is heartbreaking. 

I don't know enough about the stadium move and finances behind it but they did increase their attendances following it. 

The whole history of London rugby clubs is full of moving about - Saracens play closer to where Wasps were based before Loftus Road and Wycombe. The current amateur Wasps team play in Ealing. 

I went to a couple of the early games at Cov and they were full houses or very close to it.

Whats done them is the debenture scheme the used to pay off the stadium originally was due to be repaid this year, and they somehow thought that the holders wouldnt want the 35m back they were owed!! Obviously Covid has had a huge impact on there income (they get a decent amount through the conference facilities, hotel, concerts etc) but dont think it would have been 35m worth