Rugby Union

kiwififer

Glasgow fans have basically been shafted financially since the Pro12 win. Which, IIRC, Glasgow didn't even bother releasing any merchandise to celebrate.

Season ticket costs (and single tickets) have sky rocketed, and, frankly, are miles away from providing any semblance of value for money.

And tickets for the final at celtic Park a few years back were available from £10. For a final! Glasgow and the six nations tickets have become unaffordable to a lot of people (myself included) over the last few years.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Watching as live, so a bit behind - is it the Aled Davies one on Montoya? Because that is a fucking red under any framework

Aye that one. 

He went through the protocols in about 10 seconds. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Talking of Glasgow.... Anyone else a season ticket holder?
I'm swaying on renewing as £427 is eyewateringly expensive for 9 league games and 2 challenge cup games especially when games are shunted around at will for TV. This means I end up potentially missing a few with football or work which makes it even worse value. 
Genuinely thinking of a Premier Sports sub and picking games.

I gave mine up at the start of last season. The cut from 11 league games and 3 euro games (when it was pro12) down to 9 league and 2 euro with continual price hikes wasn’t justifiable. Especially with Glasgow going backward at a rate of knots!

The Glasgow prices are really off-putting these days to casual fans. I remember going to Glasgow v Leicester a few years ago in the champions cup with a bunch of mates who I usually go to the football with. Watching Finn, Hogg, Sarto, Bennet, Strauss, etc take 40 points off them with some champagne rugby, for less than £20 meant these guys were up for going whenever they good, and we were taking in about 7 odd games a season. But the prices went up and up, the quality went down, and none of us went to a single game last season.

Friday night, exciting attacking rugby, for a reasonable price was what got folk along to Scotstoun in the first place, but they are losing all that.