Rugby Union

kiwififer

48 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Couple of injury enforced changes to the Scotland squad.

Im struggling to pull together a set of backs and subs for the Tonga game from that lot.

My best guess for the team would be as follows (front row and the backrow could be swapped as decent depth)

Hoyland, Graham, Tuipolotu, Johnson, Steyn, Thompson, Price, Fagerson, Ritchie, Watson, Gilchrist, Sykes, Bhatti, McInally, Fagerson

Subs Schoeman, Turner, Kebble, Harley, Darge, Dobbie, Kinghorn, McLean

We only have one 10 in Thompson so if he gets injured were bringing on Kinghorn, we only have 4 other backs that aren't starting, yet we dont replace Bennet when he gets injured? We are also really short on quality in the 2nd row

Tuipulotu was terrible on Friday against Leinster on Friday. Hopefully he doesn't get the start at 13 but there's no other option in the squad unless Steyn plays there. It's pretty shit for guys like Dean, Johnstone, Taylor and Hutchinson that he has just walked into the national team without showing much at all.

2 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Im struggling to pull together a set of backs and subs for the Tonga game from that lot.

My best guess for the team would be as follows (front row and the backrow could be swapped as decent depth)

Hoyland, Graham, Tuipolotu, Johnson, Steyn, Thompson, Price, Fagerson, Ritchie, Watson, Gilchrist, Sykes, Bhatti, McInally, Fagerson

Subs Schoeman, Turner, Kebble, Harley, Darge, Dobbie, Kinghorn, McLean

We only have one 10 in Thompson so if he gets injured were bringing on Kinghorn, we only have 4 other backs that aren't starting, yet we dont replace Bennet when he gets injured? We are also really short on quality in the 2nd row

I think Kinghorn will start at 15 and Thompson 10. Although going by last weekend it might be the other way around.

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Tuipulotu was terrible on Friday against Leinster on Friday. Hopefully he doesn't get the start at 13 but there's no other option in the squad unless Steyn plays there. It's pretty shit for guys like Dean, Johnstone, Taylor and Hutchinson that he has just walked into the national team without showing much at all.

I dont think he was that bad against Leinster, he just never had much of the ball to show what he can do, but agree we have plenty of options at Centre. The one Im suprised isnt in the squad, given he moved up to Edinburgh over the summer is Lang, as he gives more options as can also play 10, (edit to add, just noticed he is actually out injured also)

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think Kinghorn will start at 15 and Thompson 10. Although going by last weekend it might be the other way around.

....which would also mean we would be subjected to Kinghorn in a Scotland top. He is so frusrating, as ball in hand he is actually really good, but without it he just wanders about aimlessly, and his pace is cut in half without the ball and chasing back to tackle, also the less said about his defence the better.

Edited by honestly united

On 25/10/2021 at 16:50, Detournement said:

The Hutchinson thing makes absolutely no sense.  Even if Townsend doesn’t rate him, there’s no explanation for his complete lack of consideration.   

This thread is the best thing in Twitter if you are a ROG hater like me. Honestly, not to be missed. The accompanying Irish tears are a delightful little side plate to the excellent main course of ROG being utterly shite.