Rugby Union

kiwififer

They need to get Sean Maitland, Keith Earls and Hugo Keenan on a flight out to Cape Town immediately.

Biggar and Murray was an absolute shitshow. There was no attempt to play rugby at all just take it into contact and kick away. 

10 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
12 minutes ago, Left Back said:
Struggling to name a single Lion that had a decent game today.

BOD said Henshaw, Furlong and Conan got pass marks, the rest shite

I'm shocked by that. 

14 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
16 minutes ago, Left Back said:
Struggling to name a single Lion that had a decent game today.

BOD said Henshaw, Furlong and Conan got pass marks, the rest shite

🤣🤣🤣

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Harris played pretty well tbh. Nothing got through him, although the ball never got near him in attack

The ball never got near any of the backs in attack.  That’s been my major issue in both tests so far.  Toonie must be sitting there thinking he may as well have stayed at home.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
23 minutes ago, Detournement said:
My prediction for Gatland next week. 
Sutherland LCD Furlong Hill Beard Itoje Beirne Faletau Murray Biggar Adams Aki Henshaw Williams Hogg. 
If in doubt go massive. 

Sutherland was dreadful..won't get near team

He was decent last week. The scrum penalty when he was on was just them being overpowered 8 vs 8. 

Mako is a liability. 

I'm still baffled that the 3 onfield officials didn't contest the TMO's opinion that Murray landed on his back when the video they were watching clearly showed he didn't.

I'm still baffled that the 3 onfield officials didn't contest the TMO's opinion that Murray landed on his back when the video they were watching clearly showed he didn't.

The TMO was appalling tbqh.

But that should not detract from the fact that the Lions were fucking awful today.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The TMO was appalling tbqh.

But that should not detract from the fact that the Lions were fucking awful today.

“That’s the best angle” on about 4 separate occasions after the first replay was the best shithousing outside of a real sporting occasion of all time.

Imagine that at the World Cup? Or playing an Irish side in Ireland…?

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Hogg and VDM weren't great today...but its not their game. However they seem to be copping a lot of flag as a result if a piss poor forward pack and half backs. For me Furlong was shite today but heh hes a media darling.

It looks like Hogg and Duhan will be the scapegoats for this defeat. The Welsh whining to play Adams and Williams will grow ever louder. 

As you said, being pawns in the Gatlandball game is not really their thing and it's hard to blame them (although many will) for finding it difficult. Their only involvement in the game was watching the ball in the air, and both must be pining to get back to Murrayfield and rugby that doesn't make your eyes bleed. 

The BIL forwards were generally pretty pish today, and given that any possession was kicked away by Murray or Biggar it's not hard to see why the Boks won easily. 

While I respect Gatland's record as a coach (in the northern hempisphere), I detest his rugby philosophy. You can tell why he's generally ridiculed in New Zealand. 

It looks like Hogg and Duhan will be the scapegoats for this defeat. The Welsh whining to play Adams and Williams will grow ever louder. 
As you said, being pawns in the Gatlandball game is not really their thing and it's hard to blame them (although many will) for finding it difficult. Their only involvement in the game was watching the ball in the air, and both must be pining to get back to Murrayfield and rugby that doesn't make your eyes bleed. 
The BIL forwards were generally pretty pish today, and given that any possession was kicked away by Murray or Biggar it's not hard to see why the Boks won easily. 
While I respect Gatland's record as a coach (in the northern hempisphere), I detest his rugby philosophy. You can tell why he's generally ridiculed in New Zealand. 

Absolutely. Would be great if Scotland beat the boks in November playing running rugby..