Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm hoping that the Sky 'experts' will call this out at half time, but they won't. 

They'll bang on and on and on about 'excitement', or 'physical game on the edge', but they won't say it as it is...two teams that have convinced themselves that this is nothing more than a war of attrition, and are absolutely terrified to play rugby.

It's brutal. 

Folk that are really into rugby, especially those who played the game, will see lots in this to enjoy.

But this is a tour involving a select side, it's not for anything, not even world ranking points, and I think there's an obligation on both sides to showcase the sport a little. I'm not expecting Barbarians-style but we should be seeing better than this.

Guest Bob Mahelp

This is worse than football. 

The officials analysing every single decision, every tackle, every move. We have to stop and look 12 times at everything. 

Players play acting, fans calling for cards at every tackle, players clapping decisions and acting like dicks (that'll be you Itoje). 

It's truly, brutal, awful, insulting shite. All of this. I know I don't have to watch it, but I love rugby....hopefully in this game at some point I might see some. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, GordonS said:

Folk that are really into rugby, especially those who played the game, will see lots in this to enjoy.

But this is a tour involving a select side, it's not for anything, not even world ranking points, and I think there's an obligation on both sides to showcase the sport a little. I'm not expecting Barbarians-style but we should be seeing better than this.

I've loved rugby all my days. This is awful stuff. 

Just now, peasy23 said:
3 minutes ago, GordonS said:
It's 6.03pm. The second half should be kicking off in a couple of minutes.

Think the only half I've watched that lasted longer was a Tonga match at the 2015 RWC when the second half took about 75 minutes.

That legendary France-Wales second half was longer, but that actually had 60 minutes of play!

Guest Bob Mahelp

It's essential for South Africa to start playing some rugby. They're not going to win this arm wrestle and I think they have to recognise this. 

All the Lions have to do is keep on matching up at moment, and it's far too easy for them. 

8 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
12 minutes ago, GordonS said:
It's 6.03pm. The second half should be kicking off in a couple of minutes.

Think the only half I've watched that lasted longer was a Tonga match at the 2015 RWC when the second half took about 75 minutes.

Did we not play a game against Ireland a few seasons back where a man was binned in injury time and actually got back on the pitch it went on that long?

Guest Bob Mahelp
10 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It's essential for South Africa to start playing some rugby. They're not going to win this arm wrestle and I think they have to recognise this. 

Ahem. Cough.