Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think if you want to win the game, rather than try not to lose DVDM has to play, given his insane defenders beaten stats and go forward ball every single time he touches the ball.

So he missed a tackle v France but he  also scored the winning try in injury time, which surely is the most important thing. Kolbe might well skin him 1 on 1 when he has the ball if the system is wrong or people get it wrong (see LRZ selling Harris down the river with Kolbe the other day after a shite Daly kick) but I expect Kolbe skins 99.5% of all the rugby players in the world.  Duhan probably runs over the top of Kolbe most times  he has the ball. Watching the lions getting knocked back constantly by SA ‘A’ the other day you need Duhan and Mish in the team.

Adams looking really slow on the kick chase. VDM is such a get out of jail free card at times, he doesn't need space to make yards and hold up the ball a bit when you are in a tight spot at the back.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Price looking really sharp

He's been excellent. LCD, Hogg, DVM, Furlong (horrible missed tackle early on aside) and Daly decent as well. Henshaw bit rusty but OK and Conan not too bad either. Sutherland a bit ropy and Adams having a fucking mare for me.

29 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Marcus Smith has done really well too, a couple of kicks a bit too long, but he and Price are a really exciting pairing

Beard as well, should have mentioned him. Lots of moaning when he was called up, but he's been great. I moaned when he was called up but that was because I thought he was Jake Ball.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd never second guess Gatland, but if Ali Price hasn't done enough to at least be on the bench next week, I'd be extremely disappointed.

I think he will be.

19 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd never second guess Gatland, but if Ali Price hasn't done enough to at least be on the bench next week, I'd be extremely disappointed.

Though it does feel on the last two tours that Gatland started both first tests with the "media" team before saying "f**k it" and picking who he actually wanted in test 2 and 3.