Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Duhan has now scored the same number as Tommy Seymour did in NZ.

Tommy was the top scorer on that tour...

and yet somehow was no wear near the test side 

That was a remarkably enjoyable game to watch. Exactly what the Lions wanted and needed - a tough, solid opponent who could put them in trouble if they messed up, but one that wouldn't be able to keep them out if they played well.

Sharks' try was a beauty too, wonderful hands on show.

I thought it was a decent performance as well, even more so since a lot of those guys played at the weekend and were thrown in last minute.

Some tough decisions to be made now. Starting front row for me has to be Sutherland, LCD and Furlong, but the bench looks difficult and a bit weak to be honest. Second row is Henderson and Itoge. I actually think Watson might have nailed that number 7, Curry was ok today, but not better. Rest of the back row is anyone's guess, especially No8 where nobody has really shone.

In the backs I think Price has played a lot, and played well. Murray has had one very average game and Davies has barely played. Fly half is up for grabs, centres anybodies guess and back three Adams, VDM and LRZ are ripping it up while Watson and Williams have barely played.

I thought it was a decent performance as well, even more so since a lot of those guys played at the weekend and were thrown in last minute.
Some tough decisions to be made now. Starting front row for me has to be Sutherland, LCD and Furlong, but the bench looks difficult and a bit weak to be honest. Second row is Henderson and Itoge. I actually think Watson might have nailed that number 7, Curry was ok today, but not better. Rest of the back row is anyone's guess, especially No8 where nobody has really shone.
In the backs I think Price has played a lot, and played well. Murray has had one very average game and Davies has barely played. Fly half is up for grabs, centres anybodies guess and back three Adams, VDM and LRZ are ripping it up while Watson and Williams have barely played.

Yeh, I think adams performance resigns Williams to bench at most. As Adams covers wing and FB. Think lrz won't start, looked at times like a fish out of water. For me its Hogg, adams and one of watson/vdm.
Centres im still thinking henshaw and Harris. 9/10 is nailed on Murray/biggar...but price is defo ahead of Davies and Fin will be needed if lions trailing.
Sutherland starts at 1, maku awful tonight and wyn Jones average so far, lcd and furling start with itoje and bierne imo, he may then opt for lawes to partner Watson and pretty disappointing, falateu ( but gatland loves him) in back row. He uses Simmonds as impact of bench, both navidi and curry were poor tonight.

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

. As Adams covers wing and FB. 

Galtand said Adams defensive positioning was off a bit last night but improved as the game went on. I think Liam Williams will get the nod on one wing for the same reasons Sean Maitland always has for Scotland even when people are calling for more attacking players and it will be between Watson and Adams for the other spot.

The games have been fun to watch so far but aren't far off watching Glasgow scud 50 points by Zebre on a Friday night in terms of competitiveness. The wingers all look great because they are getting clear runs in from 30 yards but there hasn't been huge opportunities for forwards to show what they can or can't do in the tight. 

Price has been exceptional and he will surely make at least one test appearance but deserves more than that on his form. He had two great performances versus England and Wales this year then a nightmare against Ireland, dropped/rested against Italy and then played probably his best ever game in Paris. He is really hitting his peak now aged 28 and Scotland will benefit a lot from the experience he is getting here.

What, erm, price, that none of the tests go ahead?  I see that the Lions team had a winger wearing 10 and a stand off with no number due to isolation rules, and that one of the coaches has tested positive.  

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

What, erm, price, that none of the tests go ahead?  I see that the Lions team had a winger wearing 10 and a stand off with no number due to isolation rules, and that one of the coaches has tested positive.  

There's too much TV money at stake. Unless there is a Glasgow Vs Exeter style outbreak during the first or second Test they will complete the series. 

The outbreak yesterday isn't any different to the Fleck positive prior to the Holland 2-2 game. 

43 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Absolutely shocked to see the Scottish players carrying the team so far.  None of whom will start any of the 3 tests of course.

I think Sutherland and Hogg are very close to nailed on and Watson is favourite to start at 7.

8 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
9 hours ago, Detournement said:
I think Sutherland and Hogg are very close to nailed on and Watson is favourite to start at 7.

I think he will also start DVM. He loves that type of player. I can actually see (barring any injuries and total f**k ups) Hamish, Hogg, Sutherland and DVM starting first test.

I think that'll depend on how much Gatland rates his defensive game, which tbf is dodgy. He sold a cheap try in Paris and he's not been tested in any of the Lions matches so far. Right now I think Williams, Watson and Adams are ahead of him,

Mish has incredible competition for the jersey and I think we'll all be kept guessing until the team is actually announced. His relative lack of flexibility may cost him but right now any of the back row could be starting or could be outside the 23.

Sutherland has much less competition, he's a solid, dependable, dynamic grown-up in the front row and Hogg is about as nailed-on as anyone in the squad.

Scotland Georgia game called off now as well. Dissapointing as there were a few players we were looking to get capped over the summer - hopefully we dont lose out on any of those. Was also looking forward to seeing how some of the youngster got on stepping up a level.