Jump to content

Rugby Union


kiwififer

Recommended Posts

To an extent, I can understand some people paying that price, given it might be their only chance to see the Lions.

On the other hand, I think the total price for my Test tickets for all 3 games in 2013 was about £150, so f**k paying that for 1 game at Murrayfield!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

To an extent, I can understand some people paying that price, given it might be their only chance to see the Lions.

On the other hand, I think the total price for my Test tickets for all 3 games in 2013 was about £150, so f**k paying that for 1 game at Murrayfield!

I can understand someone paying that for a full Lions tour test - I wouldn't, but I see how big a deal they are for some people. But this is just a warm-up and they haven't even decided if they'll award caps for it yet. 

Hardly any of the people I know that are going are regular attenders at Scotland games, and none of the regular Scotland fans I know are going. Just anecdotal but I wonder if it shows it's more about the event and telling people you were there than it is about rugby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have 9 players out for tge England game. After 1 positive test with 8 close contacts
Which makes the lack of any close contacts in the football squad all the more bewildering.

In other news, Lewis Carmichael has been forced to retire after suffering multiple concussions in a short period of time.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

To an extent, I can understand some people paying that price, given it might be their only chance to see the Lions.

On the other hand, I think the total price for my Test tickets for all 3 games in 2013 was about £150, so f**k paying that for 1 game at Murrayfield!

The prices are ridiculous at the moment across the board, even for Glasgow games they are taking the piss. I found my ticket for Twickenham in 2013 a while ago, £40! 2019 it was £125 for a similar seat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With Harrison recovering from illness, I wonder who will be on Sky's coverage. Hope it's not this guy C4 have, he's absolutely brutal.

Heaslip is a fucking pain in the arse as well - he's absolutely desperate to criticise Duhan, despite him literally doing nothing wrong so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

With Harrison recovering from illness, I wonder who will be on Sky's coverage. Hope it's not this guy C4 have, he's absolutely brutal.

Heaslip is a fucking pain in the arse as well - he's absolutely desperate to criticise Duhan, despite him literally doing nothing wrong so far.

He’s been excellent. He’s defending narrow but he has to, and he made a great tackle on the outside, as well as scoring a try. Not much more he can do tbh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SteveThePirate said:

He’s been excellent. He’s defending narrow but he has to, and he made a great tackle on the outside, as well as scoring a try. Not much more he can do tbh.

Nah m8, he's defending far too narrow, and South Africa will exploit that. It's really poor from him.

Despite the fact they aren't playing SA today, and it may well be a different system when they play them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Nah m8, he's defending far too narrow, and South Africa will exploit that. It's really poor from him.

Despite the fact they aren't playing SA today, and it may well be a different system when they play them.

If he doesn’t then the inside runner will punish us, caught between a rock and a hard place really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...