Rugby Union

kiwififer

19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Todd Blackadder's son being in the All Black squad makes me feel old as f**k too

There’s a joke about Blackadder going forth or something to be made there. 

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Lions team for Japan game...

Starting XV
15. Liam Williams (Scarlets, Wales) #833
14. Josh Adams (Cardiff Rugby, Wales)
13. Robbie Henshaw (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #824
12. Bundee Aki (Connacht Rugby, Ireland)
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland)
10. Dan Biggar (Northampton Saints, Wales) #821
9. Conor Murray (Munster Rugby, Ireland) #790
1. Rory Sutherland (Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland)
2. Ken Owens (Scarlets, Wales) #829
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland)
4. Iain Henderson (Ulster Rugby, Ireland) #808
5. Alun Wyn Jones – Captain (Ospreys, Wales) #761
6. Tadhg Beirne (Munster Rugby, Ireland)
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby, Scotland)
8. Jack Conan (Leinster Rugby, Ireland)
Replacements:

Jamie George (Saracens, England) #819

Wyn Jones (Scarlets, Wales)

Tadhg Furlong (Leinster Rugby, Ireland) #818

Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, England) #826

Taulupe Faletau (Bath Rugby, Wales) #779

Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors, Scotland)

Owen Farrell (Saracens, England) #780

Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby, England) #816

Does this count as an official Lions cap, or is it more akin to the midweek team status?

44 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s a joke about Blackadder going forth or something to be made there. 

Does this count as an official Lions cap, or is it more akin to the midweek team status?

It is still under discussion apparently. On one hand it is a warm-up game but on the other it is against a full international side.

It is still under discussion apparently. On one hand it is a warm-up game but on the other it is against a full international side.
As far as I remember the Lions game in Cardiff v Argentina was classed as a full test.

Just looked it up and Argentina didn't award caps at the time (they had 26 players missing!) but no mention of what the Lions did. It was retrospectively given full test status by the IRB in 2008 though.

Some good news on TV matches, as Super6 will have 1 game per week on Premier Free Sports for this season - thats your Sunday afternoons sorted
image.png.c1785a043e7f0b46f380d569022e1d88.png
Wonder if this will go the same was as the free Pro 14 game and get stopped quietly

bet gatlands injuring them on purpose so he doesnt have to play them [emoji3]

It will be the Irish players as they like to knock the Scottish players out the squad

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is the whole stadium open on Sat (as in all 4 stands)? 

I had a look on the ticket site tonight and the whole stadium is open.

Tickets for my seats in S2 - which is in the least expensive category for Scotland games - are £130.

Anyone paying that amount for a warm-up match between a select side and a tier 2 nation needs their head examined.

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Tickets for my seats in S2 - which is in the least expensive category for Scotland games - are £130.

Anyone paying that amount for a warm-up match between a select side and a tier 2 nation needs their head examined.

Christ almighty, £130 is the cheapest 😯 surely they arent expecting an 18k sell out. Glad the whole stadium is open rather than that pathetic one stand during the test event there in Aug last year. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Christ almighty, £130 is the cheapest 😯 surely they arent expecting an 18k sell out. Glad the whole stadium is open rather than that pathetic one stand during the test event there in Aug last year. 

I heard that there were tickets from £87, but I don't know where those seats were. They weren't at the back of the West corners or in my corner, so it's not what's usually classed as Bronze. There must have been very few of them.

Gold was £145, I don't know what Platinum was.

There were only a handful of single seats when I looked this afternoon, so they've good-as sold out. 

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

My mate had bronze tickets orginally which got cancelled. Then SRU emailed offering the same tickets but with a 50% price hike!

Seemingly all the gold tickets were kept but moved down to lower class seats when the capacity was reduced - if anyone then cancelled they have offered the tickets back out at Gold prices

To an extent, I can understand some people paying that price, given it might be their only chance to see the Lions.

On the other hand, I think the total price for my Test tickets for all 3 games in 2013 was about £150, so f**k paying that for 1 game at Murrayfield!