Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 hours ago, Detournement said:

Aye I think the A game will be very inexperienced then Ritchie, Hastings, Cummings, Skinner, Horne, Steele, Steyn, Kinghorn, Turner, Berghan., Scott and Matt Fagerson come in and add experience for the Tests.

So for the A game potentially Forbes McLean, Tuliupto, Lang, Blain, Thompson, Sheil, Bradbury, Darge, Crosbie, Craig, Henderson, Sebastian, Ashman, Bhatti

Bench :Stewart Auterach, Berghan, McDonald, Bayliss, Dobie, Steyn, Hoyland

I think that's pretty much it except hoyland for McLean. I think hoyland, Sebastian, Blain, Thompson and Bradbury are part of a definite "A team" contingent in there. 

1 hour ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

My new terrible Scotland opinion is Blair Cowan should be brought back into every squad till the end of this world cup. Class player and way better than Thomson, Graham etc 

I don't disagree btw. I'd have Cowan and Wilson both in, then Ritchie and Watson and the younger guysl like Fagerson, Skinner, Darge, etc. No more Gary Graham, Cornell Du Preez, Blade Thomson or Rob Harley please.

If we see anyone else other than Ritchie or Watson wearing 7 for Scotland in this World Cup cycle it should be Darge, Gordon or Boyle if he breaks through. 

I was looking at the Edinburgh squad for next season and wondering if Immelman will play full back and Kinghorn wing. He is behind Hogg and Hastings for 15 so would probably be better focusing on the wing (which is probably his strongest position anyway). 

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

John Hardie retiring at the end of the season. Looked great when he first arrived on these shores but never maintained that level.

He's from a town with a population of 405 in New Zealand. The temptations of the big city were obviously too much for him. 

A great player to watch but his style of play is outdated now. 

On 08/06/2021 at 10:04, Detournement said:

If we see anyone else other than Ritchie or Watson wearing 7 for Scotland in this World Cup cycle it should be Darge, Gordon or Boyle if he breaks through. 

I was looking at the Edinburgh squad for next season and wondering if Immelman will play full back and Kinghorn wing. He is behind Hogg and Hastings for 15 so would probably be better focusing on the wing (which is probably his strongest position anyway). 

Aye I mean Gordon and Darge emerging have been one of the real positives for Glasgow this year and I'd really much rather them and Bayliss/Crosbie getting a chance. But of the experienced reserves I'd much rather Cowan than any of the others

Trevisio are awareded a walkover win vs Ospreys ends Glasgows hope of making the Rainbow cup final
It has also left the Irish fans absolutely raging. As they expected/wanted Trevisio to not get awarded any points. So on the Irish sides could take their rightful place at the top as they are the only ones that could beat the South African sides

47 minutes ago, ajwffc said:
6 hours ago, honestly united said:
Trevisio are awareded a walkover win vs Ospreys ends Glasgows hope of making the Rainbow cup final

It has also left the Irish fans absolutely raging. As they expected/wanted Trevisio to not get awarded any points. So on the Irish sides could take their rightful place at the top as they are the only ones that could beat the South African sides

That is genuinely what I've seen on Twitter word for word from several Irish rugby fans.

17 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Can't help but feel slightly sad at the way Leone's career has gone. Glasgow got the best out of him in that spell under Townsend. 

Sad to see as he was a fantastic player while at Glasgow - you wonder if its injuries taking their toll, or the player just not putting in the effort to get fit

Edinburgh 2020/21 Leavers (appearances in brackets)

Murray McCallum (63)
Eroni Sau (26)
Jamie Farndale (15)
Andries Ferreira (9)
Duhan van der Merwe (67)
Mike Willemse (39)
Simon Berghan (90)
Ally Miller (24)
Dan Nutton (2)
Andrew Davidson (13)