Rugby Union

kiwififer

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Huw Jones will go on to better things.  He’s a centre, not a full back or wing.  A proper coach will get more out of him. 

I'm not so sure, Bayonne have a relegation playoff to win and even if they do it's not a great team he'll be playing alongside. Hopefully just playing in France generally will make some improvements to his game, particularly defensively of course.

His whole time at Glasgow seems so strange now it's over, Rennie never seemed to fancy him and pretty much wrote him off as a 13 by the end of that first season (if I remember right). 

Excited about Glasgow next year, a lot of the areas where the squad was starting to look quite old getting a refresh, good options in most positions. The coach the big worry but otherwise could be a good season 

Rory Hutchinson playing really well for Northampton right now. They are giving Exeter a real doing at the moment, down to 14 men as well.

I regret to inform however that Dan Biggar has been very good as well...

5 hours ago, GAD said:

Rory Hutchinson playing really well for Northampton right now. They are giving Exeter a real doing at the moment, down to 14 men as well.

I regret to inform however that Dan Biggar has been very good as well...

Was just coming on to post that. Watching the game back now and he's been great. That Exeter disallowed try was so weird, right decision but the whole commentary team unable to see the big knock on off the elbow 

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Was just coming on to post that. Watching the game back now and he's been great. That Exeter disallowed try was so weird, right decision but the whole commentary team unable to see the big knock on off the elbow 

It was a good game. Hogg is playing really well at the moment, I just hope he makes it onto that plane for the Lions because he deserves it.

I see Porter got injured on Friday night and is now out and Sinckler is in, so all that whining will die down at least! The English press just need to get Manu and Slade into the squad and they'll finally be happy. One less Irishman though....

22 minutes ago, GAD said:

It was a good game. Hogg is playing really well at the moment, I just hope he makes it onto that plane for the Lions because he deserves it.

I see Porter got injured on Friday night and is now out and Sinckler is in, so all that whining will die down at least! The English press just need to get Manu and Slade into the squad and they'll finally be happy. One less Irishman though....

Aye had managed to avoid Sincklers interview until it was quoted in an article this week. Minter. Biggar is terrific in this game, as are Lawes and Ludlam. Enjoyed watching Saints this season.

I know he blows hot and cold a bit but I can't believe Hutchinson is below James Lang in the pecking order purely on form/quality. His ability to pick a pass right on the line is better than most 10s, pretty solid defensively so far (half time) as well

I have no issue with Biggar starting for the Lions, he’s been the form 10 for a while. Start him to get in a position to win, let Finn come on and finish the job.

And Leinster are basically an Irish Leicester in terms of moaning anyway, so get it right up both of them.

In terms of the Glasgow release list i thought most of these well all ready confirmed, the only ones I wasn't aware off were Jones and Dolokoto who are both good players, but have missed far too much through injury. Jones has looked ok last few months, but will be behind the likes of Forbes, Steyn and McLean - Dolokoto looked good when he joined and is ideal for the international weekends but cant remember the last time he played.

Evans, Nairn and Thornton are no great loss, Evans was brought in as cover, Thornton I dont think I have ever seen play, and Nairn has never kicked on, though you could say never had much game time either

14 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Bigger came off with injury yesterday as did simmonds, any update? Hope bigger is fine as under no circumstances do I want Sexton drafted in.

Though imagine how funny it would be if Biggar couldn't go and they still didn't call up Sexton.

George Ford would be next up I think. 

I'm more interested in the Scotland A line up than the Lions just now. It'll be very interesting to see who plays what fixtures. England A is tougher than Georgia and Romania but you would think we play a weaker line up in that game and bring in the established players for the Tests. 

5 minutes ago, Detournement said:

George Ford would be next up I think. 

I'm more interested in the Scotland A line up than the Lions just now. It'll be very interesting to see who plays what fixtures. England A is tougher than Georgia and Romania but you would think we play a weaker line up in that game and bring in the established players for the Tests. 

Im assuming the likes of Ashman will play the A game as that then ties them into Scotland. Im actually also more interested in the Scotland tour than the lions - hopefully a few of the young lads put in big performances and put there hands up for selection for the AI's and 6N's. Will also be good for Glasgow and Edinburgh having a lot of these fringe players exposed to a higher standard of training and matches. Its been quite a turn around in terms of optimism from the Autumn to now both at an International and also club level.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Im assuming the likes of Ashman will play the A game as that then ties them into Scotland. Im actually also more interested in the Scotland tour than the lions - hopefully a few of the young lads put in big performances and put there hands up for selection for the AI's and 6N's. Will also be good for Glasgow and Edinburgh having a lot of these fringe players exposed to a higher standard of training and matches. Its been quite a turn around in terms of optimism from the Autumn to now both at an International and also club level.

Probably also a good time to be getting players into the squad now, seeing how they do, with a view to building the team for the 2023 WC.

Dolokoto looked good when he joined and is ideal for the international weekends but cant remember the last time he played.

I'm struggling to remember the first time, tbh. Or any subsequent for that matter...

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Aye I think the A game will be very inexperienced then Ritchie, Hastings, Cummings, Skinner, Horne, Steele, Steyn, Kinghorn, Turner, Berghan., Scott and Matt Fagerson come in and add experience for the Tests.

So for the A game potentially Forbes McLean, Tuliupto, Lang, Blain, Thompson, Sheil, Bradbury, Darge, Crosbie, Craig, Henderson, Sebastian, Ashman, Bhatti

Bench :Stewart Auterach, Berghan, McDonald, Bayliss, Dobie, Steyn, Hoyland