Rugby Union

kiwififer

teams for this weekend,

Edinburgh (v Glasgow Warriors at Murrayfield, Saturday @ 7.35pm): B Kinghorn, D Hoyland, J Johnstone, C Dean, E Sau; C Savala, H Pyrgos; P Schoeman, S McInally, W Nel, M Sykes, J Hodgson, M Kunavula, L Crosbie, V Mata. Subs: M Willemse, B Venter, L Atalifo, A Miller, C Boyle, C Shiel, J Blain, G Taylor.

Glasgow Warriors (v Edinburgh at Murrayfield, Saturday @ 7.35pm): A Hastings; K Steyn, N Grigg, S McDowall, R Tagive; R Thompson, G Horne; T Lambert, G Turner, E Pieretto, R Harley, R Gray, R Wilson, R Darge, M Fagerson. Subs: G Stewart, D Evans, D Rae, K McDonald, T Gordon, J Dobie, P Horne, L Jones.

Edinburgh missing 19 through injury and Glasgow 16

First starts after injury for McInally and Fagerson - Harley plays his 250 game for Glasgow and Kinghorn hits 100 for Edinburgh

teams for this weekend,
Edinburgh (v Glasgow Warriors at Murrayfield, Saturday @ 7.35pm): B Kinghorn, D Hoyland, J Johnstone, C Dean, E Sau; C Savala, H Pyrgos; P Schoeman, S McInally, W Nel, M Sykes, J Hodgson, M Kunavula, L Crosbie, V Mata. Subs: M Willemse, B Venter, L Atalifo, A Miller, C Boyle, C Shiel, J Blain, G Taylor.
Glasgow Warriors (v Edinburgh at Murrayfield, Saturday @ 7.35pm): A Hastings; K Steyn, N Grigg, S McDowall, R Tagive; R Thompson, G Horne; T Lambert, G Turner, E Pieretto, R Harley, R Gray, R Wilson, R Darge, M Fagerson. Subs: G Stewart, D Evans, D Rae, K McDonald, T Gordon, J Dobie, P Horne, L Jones.
First starts after injury for McInally and Fagerson - Harley plays his 250 game for Glasgow and Kinghorn hits 100 for Edinburgh
Glasgow was forced to make some late changes, this was the original line-up20210514_184903.jpg

teams for this weekend,
Good to see the lions lads rested

Bit of a shame for Rob Harley running out by himself into an empty stadium. Surely they should have put the rest of both teams out first so the other players could at least line up and applaud him, and Kinghorn, on.

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Turner off his feet first before getting hands on it. Should have been a pen to Embra that time.

Although I just realised it's Andrew Brace reffing, so there's no point trying to work out what's going to be pinged at the breakdown.

Glasgow were illegal at every ruck there but why not?

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

That was old school Glasgow. 

Also Kyle Steyn under the high ball is top drawer. 

Yeah, good to see. I have to be honest, I kind of feel Schoeman has been yellow carded there because the ref thought someone had to go for something. It looked scraggy and wrong, but I'm not sure Edinburgh really did anything particularly bad.

Just now, GAD said:

Yeah, good to see. I have to be honest, I kind of feel Schoeman has been yellow carded there because the ref thought someone had to go for something. It looked scraggy and wrong, but I'm not sure Edinburgh really did anything particularly bad.

The pull on Grigg's collar was close to the line and also the third Edinburgh penalty in under 20 seconds so I think Brace got it right. 

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

The pull on Grigg's collar was close to the line and also the third Edinburgh penalty in under 20 seconds so I think Brace got it right. 

Breakdown is a bit of a lottery. I thought in the build up to the Fagerson try there was not a lot of arms going on in many of the Edinburgh tackles. Just shoulder charging ankles.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Breakdown is a bit of a lottery. I thought in the build up to the Fagerson try there was not a lot of arms going on in many of the Edinburgh tackles. Just shoulder charging ankles.

Also Glasgow going off feet. 

Barclay summed it up well when he said "a lot of strange things happening in the build up".