Rugby Union

kiwififer

Glasgow Warriors (v Benetton at Stadio Comunale di Monigo, Saturday @ 1pm): C Forbes; R McLean, N Grigg, S Johnson, K Steyn; R Thompson, G Horne; O Kebble, G Turner, Z Fagerson, R Gray, R Harley, F Lokotui, F Brown, R Wilson. Replacements: G Stewart, T Lambert, D Rae, L Nakarawa, R Darge, A Price, I Keatley, O Smith.

Unavailable through injury: Alex Allan, Scott Cummings, Matt Fagerson, Chris Fusaro, Adam Hastings, Huw Jones, Sean Kennedy, Kiran McDonald, Enrique Pieretto, Aki Seiuli, Tommy Seymour.

Kyle Steyn is still a thing is the big take away from the start of the Rainbow cup, which is no longer a Rainbow as SA teams are playing in thier own version. Solid looking team for a game against Benneton - the big diasspointment for me is the game kicks off at 1 and not 3 so I cant use that as an excuse not to watch Ayr get dismantled by queens

Jesus Christ Glasgow are horrendous. Two tries conceded in the first 5 minutes to a team that are just letting us have the ball and waiting for the inevitable mistake. We need a better coaching team.

Everything is so poor. No structure in attack or defence. Attack is all run straight, usually without enough support at the ruck so the ball is slow or turned over. Kicking is aimless giving the Benneton back three easy and unpressured possession to just thump it back. Lineout all over the place as well. 

Defence is a total scramble, with easily double figure tackles missed already.

Scrum has been OK I suppose.

That's us blown our captains challenge trying to get a pretty clear try ruled out where the second row has waltzed through another tackle to score after another c**t of a line out. This is a disgrace of a performance.

I'm not convinced he's being held there, but the number 8 has come in from the side and gone to ground to clear, which are both offences in themselves.

Is the captain's challenge a "we're only looking at what you ask for" or looking at everything?

Also, Glasgow have been utterly shite and are lucky to only be 19 points down.

Finally, we get some possession in the Benneton 22, set the line up well, go through some phases and score.... Ha ha, only kidding, we make a c**t of it, get turned over, nearly lose a length of the field try and end up back on our 22.

That was fucking awful. So easy, although I feel Benneton could have been looking at a yellow there. Why did we not take the scrums anyway? We've been dominant and pushing them back? We are taking scrums on the 22 but not the 5m?

Just now, GAD said:

That was fucking awful. So easy, although I feel Benneton could have been looking at a yellow there. Why did we not take the scrums anyway? We've been dominant and pushing them back? We are taking scrums on the 22 but not the 5m?

Yeah 4 penalties on the line without even a warning is unusual nowadays. Even the turnover was borderline whether their hooker affected the clear taking his time rolling away.

That doesn't excuse Glasgow though. Skill levels have been shite, decision making has been shite, defence hasn't even been up to that level. With the quality of players on the pitch, it's just unacceptable, and serious questions have to be asked of the coaches.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yeah 4 penalties on the line without even a warning is unusual nowadays. Even the turnover was borderline whether their hooker affected the clear taking his time rolling away.

That doesn't excuse Glasgow though. Skill levels have been shite, decision making has been shite, defence hasn't even been up to that level. With the quality of players on the pitch, it's just unacceptable, and serious questions have to be asked of the coaches.

Yeah, you've got guys out there who look perfectly at home playing at Twickenham or Paris who look like complete imposters in this system. The Benneton defence is ok, it's stubborn and they are making their tackles, but we should be better than this.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Peak Glasgow if they actually score, then get it overturned and get a red off a captain's challenge

ETA: He's fallen into the arm as a result of a low tackle.

Probably lose a try from this line out now.

Just now, Gianfranco said:

He doesn’t move for me. He’s got no way of getting out of the way. I think that’s harsh.

Any contact to the head now is a penalty. They got it right tbh.

Just now, GAD said:

Probably lose a try from this line out now.

Fucking jinx, you.

Danny Wilson is lucky there are no fans at Scotstoun just now. I know rugby fans aren't renowned as the rowdiest or angriest fans on the planet, but there is no fucking way they would be standing for this, and the many other similar performances this season.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Danny Wilson is lucky there are no fans at Scotstoun just now. I know rugby fans aren't renowned as the rowdiest or angriest fans on the planet, but there is no fucking way they would be standing for this, and the many other similar performances this season.

They should be stopping him at immigration on the way back and just telling him to f**k off tbh.