Rugby Union

kiwififer

:):):)

Looked good tonight as the Kangaroos tanned the World Champions :P

Got drenched at the game last night but it was worth it seeing us beat the kiwis :) Back there again tomorrow to see us hopefully pump Brisbane, we will be without Cam Smith though after getting injured last night and be interested to see how Inglis who I thought was our best player last night and also Slater, Cronk, Blair and co pull up after the game. Bit harsh on the likes of the St George and Manly players to play the day after a test match though.

:) :) :)

Got drenched at the game last night but it was worth it seeing us beat the kiwis :) Back there again tomorrow to see us hopefully pump Brisbane, we will be without Cam Smith though after getting injured last night and be interested to see how Inglis who I thought was our best player last night and also Slater, Cronk, Blair and co pull up after the game. Bit harsh on the likes of the St George and Manly players to play the day after a test match though.

First 50 rows will get wet? Was sorry for the National anthem choir who must have got absolutely soaked, not like the divas who had someone holding an umbrella for them. And what was going on with the wee truck that they couldn't get off the pitch at the start of the game?

That stadium will be fantastic for the Melbourne Victory games, the atmosphere should be tremendous.

It does seem strange to have league games on immediately after the Test/NSW country v city matches. Can you imagine the outcry from the football prima donas if they were forced to play a league game the day after an international?

Edited by Swarley

First 50 rows will get wet? Was sorry for the National anthem choir who must have got absolutely soaked, not like the divas who had someone holding an umbrella for them. And what was going on with the wee truck that they couldn't get off the pitch at the start of the game?

That stadium will be fantastic for the Melbourne Victory games, the atmosphere should be tremendous.

It does seem strange to have league games on immediately after the Test/NSW country v city matches. Can you imagine the outcry from the football prima donas if they were forced to play a league game the day after an international?

Yeah well I was under the roof about 20 rows from the front but the roof was leaking badly so lots more people got soaked than there should have been. That wee cart before he start of the match was hilarious getting stuck in the turf, took like 6 people to push it off aswell :lol: aami parks new scrum machine! The atmosphere will be great for both football and rugby games there, alot closer to the action than Olympic Park and Etihad stadium. They should have played it midweek on a Wednesday or something to give the guys playing in the test match and also the city vs country game a chance to get ready for their club games this weekend.

Well that's Nathan Brown heading back to Australia now as well. He's done well with Huddersfield getting them to the Challenge Cup Final and, to the play - offs (where admittedly they were poor) and, they should get into the play - offs this year and are more than capable of winning it if they play to their full potential. Hopefully this will mean a young British coach will take over and talks are that it will be, in big Paul Anderson. I'd like to see Saints get a British coach too but if the best man for the job is an Aussie/kiwi then so be it.

Game one of Origin tonight. Come on the canetoads make it 5 straight!

C'mon the Blues! It's been absolutely tanning it down here all day and there is more rain predicted for tonight. Expect lots of fumbles and handling errors.

Although all the roads in my area (I live within spitting distance of ANZ Stadium) are choked with traffic they are not expecting it to be a full house. Too many fans scared of a wee bit of water!

I can't wait for State Of Origin biggrin.gif ! I taped it this morning and I'll watch it when I get home from school tonight!

Another big win for Saints against Hull KR at the weekend. Ade Gardner is surely knocking on Steve McNamara's door. It's the Challenge Cup Quarter Finals as well this week biggrin.gif ! It's a fantastic rugby league week this week!

I can't wait for State Of Origin biggrin.gif ! I taped it this morning and I'll watch it when I get home from school tonight!

Won't give away the result then ;) Don't read the spoiler

I didn't think NSW played well yet they only lost by 4pts. I think QLD will wrap up the series in the next match and NSW will make it 2-1 in the final, as last year.

Good win for the maroons in Sydney. Jonathan Thurston had a great game after a very dodgy first 10 minutes. Someone should really have given big Gus an umbrella or a poncho when he was standing drenched in the rain doing his talk for the cameras before the game :lol:

It was an okay game but certainly wasn't as good as usual origin standards. Although that's probably because NSW weren't in the game and, Queensland dominated (and even they weren't at their best) despite the scoreline which would make you think it was a very tight game. NSW look as if they have no chance of winning the second game. They will have to perform at their very peak and hope Queensland have an off night which is very unlikely

Saints have signed Josh Perry for next season from Manly (?). Can anyone tell me what he's like as I don't see him play every/most weeks?

Kyle Eastmond is out injured sad.gif . Hopefully not for too long and I heard he will probably be out for the England - France game which is a week on Saturday so hopefully it's no longer than that.

We're in the Challenge Cup semis biggrin.gif ! The draw gets made on Wednesday and TBH the draw I'd want and every team would want would be Catalans. No doubt we'll get Leeds or Wanky Wanky Warrington though. Although putting one of those two out in the semis does sound very appealing! Oh well win - win - win situation then (if we beat Leeds or Warrington that is)!