Rugby Union

kiwififer

Some breaking news coming out of the IRB. It would seem that instabilities in 19 of the the 2023 WC participants rugby structures have resulted in them being banned from participation. Wales will be awarded the trophy next Wednesday in a glitzy ceremony in Cardiff.
Hail the new World Champions, thoroughly deserved.

3 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

IMG_1614519854.433360.jpg

If she's been getting the abuse online she's claimed then that's not on. The interviews were looking for a rise though. From Farrel and Eddie Jones then fair enough, you want to hear their opinions on what happened for them to lose (both did well not to rise to it).

I thought the interview with AWJ was awful though, almost straight away into "why did you accept the points if the ref has made a mistake".

45 minutes ago, Janne Lindberg's Laces said:

If she's been getting the abuse online she's claimed then that's not on. The interviews were looking for a rise though. From Farrel and Eddie Jones then fair enough, you want to hear their opinions on what happened for them to lose (both did well not to rise to it).

I thought the interview with AWJ was awful though, almost straight away into "why did you accept the points if the ref has made a mistake".

It was awful

But that doesn't matter now, as she's a victim

Missed the start of the Glasgow game, so as far as I'm concerned, it's 7-7 at the moment. Interesting that after stopping time at a Glasgow penalty there, Frank Murphy asked Leinster if they were ready before blowing time back on. Almost like something happened recently...

As for Wales, I said during the AIs that they weren't as bad as everyone was making out. I'm not saying for a second I think they are a team worth a Grand Slam, but their best guys are very good, and their bog standard guys always punch above thier weight at International level. I fucking hate them.

19 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Hmmm. Two lucky wins against 14 men, and incredible fortune when a referee chose to give them 2 tries that quite possibkly shouldn't have been. 

They're riding a wave of amazing good luck at this moment in time. Nothing more than that. 

This is true, however they’ve also been very clinical and taken their chances. I’d like to see their tries scored vs time spent in the opponents 22 compared to the other sides.  

She actually publicly criticised a player in that interview. Can dish it out but can’t take it in return?
If you are in a profession where you voice an opinion and criticise others, don’t complain when you get the same in return.
No sympathy from me.....