Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Fucking hell Eddie Butler now going through the teams as if he's never heard of any of the players. Has there been a gas leak?

The one benefit of England v Wales is that you don't get his faux-French pronunciation of players' names.

Although he has already mangled Pascale Gauzere

I think the criticism of this England midfield as being all playmakers is a bit simplistic tbh. Yeah in an ideal world Tualagi is at 13 and they should have kept going with Lawrence, but form aside Farrell is more than capable of physicality at 12 and Slade picks some great lines and is no slouch physically either

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:

It's difficult to like him (obviously respect him) but we really miss a Wyn Jones, someone who is streetwise and moans constantly at ref...

Jamie Ritchie is becoming that figure, for some reason you need to have been involved for 4/5 years to gain that cache though. 

Just now, GAD said:

I honestly think allowing that try was a disgraceful decision. For once I felt a bit sorry for Farrell. He was right, the ref was being a c**t.

Disagree. He asked Farrell to have a quick word, then walked slowly back to the mark and waited. It's England's own fault they decided to have a water break at that point.

I've seen that before lately but I can't remember the game now. You can't send a captain back to talk to his players and then not give them enough time to get in position. England are blameless and it would have taken a cold-hearted person not to argue with the ref about it. In that situation Greg Laidlaw would have lost his shit.

That said, it was risky to have water carriers come in before posts were called.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Disagree. He asked Farrell to have a quick word, then walked slowly back to the mark and waited. It's England's own fault they decided to have a water break at that point.

Was about to point out the same but as he asked Farrell to have a word I think that’s what made it harsh.

Fucking hell Eddie Butler now going through the teams as if he's never heard of any of the players. Has there been a gas leak?
The one benefit of England v Wales is that you don't get his faux-French pronunciation of players' names.
Although he has already mangled Pascale Gauzere
I see folk whining on the SRU Facebook about games on ITV but give me ITV any day over anything by Eddie Butler and Jonathan Davies, not even mentioning John Inverdale. Some of the BBC lineup needs replacing as they are tiresome. If they could bin Scott Hastings from ITV, that would help enjoyment also.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

In general when refs ask the captain to have a word they allow them a few seconds to do that, no? 

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Nah, disagree, the whole Welsh pack were having a water break as well.

Having wound it back and timed it, because I'm sad like that, there is a full 25s between him saying "Have a word" and him blowing time back on. That's more than enough for Farrell, in an empty stadium, to shout to them all to stop giving penalties away, and for England to get set.