Rugby Union

kiwififer

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

All started with a penalty for holding on given when Reynal had already called an end to the competition. Gonna be a long frustrating one for the Italians

He's decided Italy are offside, all the time, no matter what. Unfortunately it means he's completely ignoring Ireland doing the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Don't want to just parrot squidge but this Italy team aren't far away. Improve the defence in their 22 and their kicking game and that's a very good team

It's actually a wee bit soul destroying for them. They aren't that bad, but they always get fucked over in the end. As soon as they went to the corner there you knew it was ending in a big shitey Ireland penalty.

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

It's actually a wee bit soul destroying for them. They aren't that bad, but they always get fucked over in the end. As soon as they went to the corner there you knew it was ending in a big shitey Ireland penalty.

Tbf when I say they're really good I think I just mean Garbisi and Allan are both excellent and the back row (even without Polledri) are good carriers 

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Tbf when I say they're really good I think I just mean Garbisi and Allan are both excellent and the back row (even without Polledri) are good carriers 

Their tackling and defensive shape is a joke to be fair. Ireland out of sight without having to do much beyond running hard and straight. Too many gaps, too many missed tackles.

Just now, GAD said:

I just flicked this back on to see Ireland win a scrum penalty against 14 men and celebrate like they've win a world cup quarter final.

I fucking hate them.

Genuinely, it's reached the point where I'd get more satisfaction from beating Ireland than England.

Since O'Driscoll retired they've been the most boring international rugby team in the world, they've got more and more boring over the years and this is all despite being able to build upon a great Leinster side. Conor Murray is 90% box kicks and Sexton is drearily predictable. The only reason they're still competitive at the highest level is because they're the best team in the world at playing the referee. If I were Irish I wouldn't pay money to go and watch them, TV would be fine.

If referees ever start policing offside and the breakdown properly they'll be clear 5th in the 6 Nations.

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Genuinely, it's reached the point where I'd get more satisfaction from beating Ireland than England.

Since O'Driscoll retired they've been the most boring international rugby team in the world, they've got more and more boring over the years and this is all despite being able to build upon a great Leinster side. Conor Murray is 90% box kicks and Sexton is drearily predictable. The only reason they're still competitive at the highest level is because they're the best team in the world at playing the referee. If I were Irish I wouldn't pay money to go and watch them, TV would be fine.

If referees ever start policing offside and the breakdown properly they'll be clear 5th in the 6 Nations.

What's doubly frustrating is watching a backline with Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour either passed over for duller options or pretty much ignored as Sexton plays a loop to himself or blooters it

10 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

What's doubly frustrating is watching a backline with Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour either passed over for duller options or pretty much ignored as Sexton plays a loop to himself or blooters it

God yeah, they've got some great backs. They've got more exciting choices at centre than Scotland.