Rugby Union

kiwififer

Red cards for head contact being handed out like confetti in the Premiership this weekend. Two last night in the Bath Gloucester game, and now 2 more in the Leicester Wasps game.

I know forwards are traditionally thick, but you'd have thought they'd be starting to get the point

22 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Red cards for head contact being handed out like confetti in the Premiership this weekend. Two last night in the Bath Gloucester game, and now 2 more in the Leicester Wasps game.

I know forwards are traditionally thick, but you'd have thought they'd be starting to get the point

The commentators/pundits after these red cards are starting to annoy me - far too much sympathy for the players. First one the guy connects with the head of someone standing at the back of a ruck and the second the guy alongside a tackler decides to shoulder barge the opposition in the head.

Edited by Ginaro

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

The commentators/pundits after these red cards are starting to annoy me - far too much sympathy for the players. 

Yep, desperate to find some sort of mitigation. I know we all though Fagerson's was harsh last week, but based on that standard, every single one this week is a definite red.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

Exeter lose by a point at home to Northampton, they scored a try to get within a point in the last minute, but Simmonds took so long to hit the conversion it was charged down by Saints before he even kicked it.

Billy Burns has passed on the torch of embarrassment. 

Billy Burns has passed on the torch of embarrassment. 
Only saw it once earlier, but it does look a little harsh to say he had started his run up. Tbf, if it stops all the pissing about by kickers hitting penalties or conversions then I'm all for it.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I'm not keen on the kickers who deliberately let the clock drag down to 80:01 (step forward Greg Laidlaw), but that seems incredibly harsh. 

English referees, eh ?

2 hours ago, Northsea80 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/56147154

So just the 5 french players testing positive for covid and out of this coming weekends game against Scotland!

It's up to 7 now . Looking like the Scotland game could be delayed by a week then as the following weekend is another rest weekend 

https://amp.france24.com/en/sport/20210220-six-nations-rocked-as-more-french-rugby-team-test-positive-for-covid-19

Just now, peasy23 said:
29 minutes ago, stanton said:
 It's up to 7 now . Looking like the Scotland game could be delayed by a week then as the following weekend is another rest weekend 

https://amp.france24.com/en/sport/20210220-six-nations-rocked-as-more-french-rugby-team-test-positive-for-covid-19

Shouldn't be delayed imo, France can still field a strong team.

That's the back up plan if it's needed