Rugby Union

kiwififer

Also  I think David Cherry is the 1st player to get a  full cap(Sevens player Josh Henderson spent time with them ) to play for Stade Niçois as part of the Performance Pathway partnership

1 hour ago, Jorg Albertz said:

When that last minute left footed drop goal attempt by Russell  got  blocked...my heart stopped.

Deserved win. We played them off the park. What a shift the whole team put in. Sorta makes up for not winning 2 years ago. 

Undefeated at Twickenham since 2019.   Sounds OK. 

You know, Russell had a few flaky moments today, and a few fantastic moments as well, but what never gets mentioned is how far into Farrell's head he is. Another game where is seemed like Russell's very presence was enough to throw Farrell massively off his game.

The thing I find really deeply satisfying about that is that it wasn't a smash and grab, it was a solid, convincing win by a team than was superior in every aspect except the scrum (where it was equal), and who had a better record in the head-to-head in the past three years. Over a four-year cycle it's now:

2018 Scotland 25-13 England

2019 England 38-38 Scotland

2020 Scotland 6-13 England

2021 England 6-11 Scotland

Tries: Scotland 10-7 England

Match points: Scotland 12-8 England

Just now, Snobot said:

The Hamish Watson steal at that last ruck is brilliant on 2nd viewing

Years, absolutely fantastic. I didn't really see what happened live, and I had to put my little pony on straight after it finished, so missed all the after match stuff.

Just now, GordonS said:

The thing I find really deeply satisfying about that is that it wasn't a smash and grab, it was a solid, convincing win by a team than was superior in every aspect except the scrum (where it was equal), and who had a better record in the head-to-head in the past three years. Over a four-year cycle it's now:

2018 Scotland 25-13 England

2019 England 38-38 Scotland

2020 Scotland 6-13 England

2021 England 6-11 Scotland

Tries: Scotland 10-7 England

Match points: Scotland 12-8 England

England's only won in that time a tight smash and grab in a fucking typhoon in Edinburgh. We have their number.

Looking about online the England fans aren't happy we had more Exeter double winning players in the starting 15 than they did. There will be a big clamour to bring in the Simmonds brothers.

I can see their championship being a disaster because Jones is not going to want to move away from kick first. 

And speaking of kicking I was impressed with Steele when he came on. Wee George Horne should be out practicing box kicks every chance he gets if he wants a serious international career.

10 minutes ago, peasy23 said:
50 minutes ago, O said:
That was probably the best 80 minutes I've ever seen from the Scottish international rugby emoji464.png team, and I go back to the mid-60's.
I think credit is also due to all the English pundits and the commentators who called it honestly and without sounding patronising.

Definitely, been plenty games we've dominated or competed for 50-60 minutes that we've still managed to lose, first I can remember the team being right on it for the full 80. Feared the worst starting the second half a man down but we controlled the game superbly well.

They were on it for the full 80 in Wales. That's now four wins on the spin in the Six Nations including France at home and Wales and England away.

They said the next milestone was winning big away games. Next will be winning them with crowds.

Wales, Ireland and Italy at home...

1 minute ago, Snobot said:

The Hamish Watson steal at that last ruck is brilliant on 2nd viewing

i was not sure it was him of one of the Gray brothers that got it in the end. But it was some tackle from Cherry and the other Gray brother 

1 minute ago, GAD said:

England's only won in that time a tight smash and grab in a fucking typhoon in Edinburgh. We have their number.

Yup, John Barclay was right when he called it a non-test. I have never been in weather like that other than up a mountain, we were drookit to the skin within 5 minutes of leaving the ground.

We're obviously not better than the champions and World Cup runners-up, but I wonder if England find us particularly tough because you do not want to be hoofing kicks towards that back three. Aye, if their Saracens players were rusty, how do they explain Sean Maitland today?

14 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Watching it back the try is more impressive than I remembered. Solid bomb, great knock down, strong carry from Fagerson, good hands and Duhan beats 3 men to score 

When I was watching it I thought Turner made the pass too early and gave van der Merwe too much work to do.  I was wrong.  Great finishing from him.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

When I was watching it I thought Turner made the pass too early and gave van der Merwe too much work to do.  I was wrong.  Great finishing from him.

Indeed, but Duhan is a something else. I thought Turner was excellent all game, nailing some precarious own 22 line outs and excellent in the open field

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Looking about online the England fans aren't happy we had more Exeter double winning players in the starting 15 than they did. There will be a big clamour to bring in the Simmonds brothers.

I can see their championship being a disaster because Jones is not going to want to move away from kick first. 

And speaking of kicking I was impressed with Steele when he came on. Wee George Horne should be out practicing box kicks every chance he gets if he wants a serious international career.

Yeah, me too, I actually meant to bring that up to you as I remember you mentioning before you thought Horne was out due to his box kicking. Steele was excellent when he came on, and like you say, his box kicking really made a difference. I actually thought he played better than Price to be totally honest, though it was s different game by the time he was on.