Rugby Union

kiwififer

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

I think calling that a choke is a bit of a disservice to Ulster, who were canny, experienced and tough. Some Edinburgh players were looking a bit jaded towards the end and Gilchrist in particular should have been subbed. The final penalty offence was stupid, but it happened in a flash and players will usually reach for a ball like that. It's a game Edinburgh should have won but it's not a shock that they didn't.

The final penalty was daft but you could understand him doing it. The real issue they had was being so fucking lazy at the breakdown not rolling away that they regularly gave Ulster free field position. Gilchrist was one of the most guilty there.

3 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The final penalty was daft but you could understand him doing it. The real issue they had was being so fucking lazy at the breakdown not rolling away that they regularly gave Ulster free field position. Gilchrist was one of the most guilty there.

Gilchrist gives away penalties like a panto dame gives away sweeties.

22 hours ago, GAD said:

I think Ulster did well and showed a lot if fight and bottle to get back into it, but it was definitely a choke from Edinburgh as well. They went from playing reasonably well to making horrendous decisions all over the park. They couldn't keep the ball, the kicking went to shit and they were coughing up penalties all over the place. The same thing happened to them ladt season against Munster.

Watched the highlights and I see you're right, I was being too charitable to Edinburgh. They bollocksed it. 

Edinburgh game was very annoying. In control for 60 minutes, Ulster winger does well for the first try, although Kinghorns position leaves a lot to be desired, but with 20 to go, 12 points up  its a case of dont do anything stupid, dont give away stupid penalties and try and play the game in the oppositions half and the games yours, they didn't manage any of those.

As has been said Gilchrist was just lying on the wrong side every tackle, he did look done in though and should have been taken off to stop it happening. Fair play to Ulster for sticking at it, but I would say it was as much a fitness issue. Felt sorry for Willemse but you need to go for those with both hands, anything one handed now is a penalty

All Blacks available for the Mitre 10 Cup this week

Friday, 7:05pm: North Harbour v Canterbury

North Harbour: Karl Tu'inukuafe.

Canterbury: Codie Taylor, Samuel Whitelock, Cullen Grace, Richie Mo'unga and George Bridge.

Saturday, 2:05pm: Waikato v Wellington

Waikato: Anton Lienert-Brown and Damian McKenzie.

Wellington: Asafo Aumua, Ardie Savea and TJ Perenara.

Saturday, 4:35pm: Otago v Auckland

Auckland: Alex Hodgman, Ofa Tuungafasi, Patrick Tuipulotu, Akira Ioane, Hoskins Sotutu, Rieko Ioane and Caleb Clarke.

Saturday, 7:35pm: Counties Manukau v Tasman

Counties Manukau: Nepo Laulala and Dalton Papalii.

Tasman: Tyrel Lomax, Shannon Frizell, Sevu Reece and Will Jordan.

Sunday, 2:05pm: Northland v Manawatū

Northland: Jack Goodhue.

Manawatū: Aaron Smith.

Sunday, 2:05pm: Taranaki v Bay of Plenty

Taranaki: Tupou Vaa'i and Jordie Barrett.

Sunday, 4:35pm: Southland v Hawke's Bay

Hawke's Bay: Brad Weber.

2019-20 Guinness PRO14 Dream Team

15 Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby)

14 Monty Ioane (Benetton Rugby)

13 Rey Lee-Lo (Cardiff Blues)

12 Stuart McCloskey (Ulster)

11 Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh)

10 Jaco van der Walt (Edinburgh)

9 John Cooney (Ulster)

1 Pierre Schoeman (Edinburgh)

2 Joseph Dweba (Toyota Cheetahs)

3 Leon Brown (Dragons)

4 Scott Fardy (Leinster)

5 Grant Gilchrist (Edinburgh)

6 Max Deegan (Leinster)

7 Will Connors (Leinster)

8 Bill Mata (Edinburgh)

Just now, peasy23 said:
12 hours ago, ajwffc said:
5 game ban  Farrell he will not miss any England Games 

I for one am astonished at that outcome...

it was a 10 game ban but reduced to 5 due to "Testimonials provided by Mark McCall, Eddie Jones and the founders of a charity with which the player works very closely were of the highest quality"

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Always forget just how big Martin Bayfield is. Watching the BT coverage of tonight's game, and he's towering over Dallaglio, who is 6'4!

He appeared briefly as a teenage Hagrid in Harry Potter number 2.

Edited by afca32

All Scotland games at the upcoming Autumn Nations Cup will be shown live on Amazon with highlights on Channel 4. All other games apart from the Irish ones will be on Amazon with Channel 4 higlights with the Irish games live on Channel 4. FB_IMG_1599842428283.jpeg

1 hour ago, ajwffc said:

All Scotland games at the upcoming Autumn Nations Cup will be shown live on Amazon with highlights on Channel 4. All other games apart from the Irish ones will be on Amazon with Channel 4 higlights with the Irish games live on Channel 4. FB_IMG_1599842428283.jpeg

Are they only on Amazon or are they going to be live on BBC / Sky / Premier?

59 minutes ago, GAD said:

I thought I might want Ulster to win here, then I saw Steven Ferris and now I'm hoping for 50-60 nil for Leinster. 

Leinster are definitely the lesser of two evils here. They've also been the best team in the competition by a country mile.

Ulster fans would be even more insufferable if they won.