Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, Allan Jacobsen said:

Haining should be seeing red for that. Tried to knee him in the balls.

Ex-Glasgow player Mike Adamson overcompensating.

I don't understand how the TMO has failed to see any reason to step in. There are 3 offences he should have been penalised for at the very least.

I've missed rugby. Just not this sort of rugby.

I'm away to watch Niko run the pitch against Leinster before unselfishly passing to Grigg.

:wub:

TBF, the derbies are almost always complete shitfests. Much like 90% of all Embra games tbh. The lack of crowd definitely helped them today, it was probably louder than one of their usual home games.

I'm sure we used to be good when BBC ALBA showed the games.

Sin agad e! 

Not that bothered about the result, nice to watch rugby again, and obviously if an Edinburgh win fucks up Munster that has to be a positive.

Is VDM Scottish qualified yet? Thought Kebble was quite good as well.  

1 hour ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Perhaps Dave Rennie wasn't the problem.

Rennie was fine in the main. The squad is going backwards at Glasgow, losing talented players who are only replaced by youth and some of key players are aging. Just seems a lack of investment despite full houses and bigger ticket prices. 

10 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Rennie was fine in the main. The squad is going backwards at Glasgow, losing talented players who are only replaced by youth and some of key players are aging. Just seems a lack of investment despite full houses and bigger ticket prices. 

Yeah, I think next season is going to be a bit grim to be honest. Depth and quality across the team is thin, especially at back row and back three, which used to be real strengths. We've not got a single winger or fullback who'll be troubling the national team as far as I can see. When was the last time that happened?

As for youngsters coming through, I'm not really seeing much there either. The squad just looks quite old and done to be honest.

For having a slightly larger budget (any info I can find has Glasgow's lasgow's budget is about £0.4 million a year higher than Edinburgh's) the Glasgow squad has more big name players who have not all worked out (Frisby for example) and not bringing in a full back to replace Hogg has cost them. But Richard Cockerell has built a stronger squad with a number of younger players with a point to prove.