Rugby Union

kiwififer

Guest Bob Mahelp

They wait all week until Friday afternoon....when thousands have already travelled.....and then postpone the game. 

That redefines that phrase 'utter fucking stupidity'.  It should have been done at the beginning of the week. 

Disgusting. 

They wait all week until Friday afternoon....when thousands have already travelled.....and then postpone the game. 
That redefines that phrase 'utter fucking stupidity'.  It should have been done at the beginning of the week. 
Disgusting. 
Cardiff is heaving already, pub I'm in us rammed, probably more chance of catching something in here than at the game

4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Disgusting. 

Completely down to the WRU, that one.

5 hours ago, honestly united said:

Oh well it's an afternoon in the pub rather than the principality stadium, probably more chance of picking up Corona in the pub than the stadium

That is, pretty much verbatim, what Dr Patrick Vallance said on Radio 4 this morning - and he's spot on I'd say.

3 hours ago, honestly united said:
4 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:
Disgusting. 

Cardiff is heaving already, pub I'm in us rammed, probably more chance of catching something in here than at the game

Mate, just get laid. I was at the airport when the game got cancelled (with my dad) so we just turned back, but from my experience, just being Scottish down there should be fine.

U-20s just delivered a severe pumping to the Welsh U-20s. On S4C on iPlayer. Probably the last game of rugby you will see for quite some time and some cracking tries. Seemed to be quite a vocal crowd for behind closed doors right enough.

Disgusting. 
They only called it off because of public criticism, nothing to do with epidemiological advice. The UK CMO specifically said you've more chance of catching it in a pub than in a sports ground, but nobody is clamouring for pubs to be shut.

I suppose they thought they could hold to the expert advice but in the end folded in the face of the mob.

With the travel restrictions now put in place in New Zealand, I can't see how the super rugby series can continue in its current format . I heard that the NRL are talking about basing the  NZ Warriors in Australia until this situation is sorted out