Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think today's performance was much more assured and professional, played the rugby in the right area's, mistakes were cut out, defense was strong and we took our chances when they came.

If we could sort the line out we would be a really good team. Im hopeful we can turn Wales over next week and finishing the campaign with 3 wins, and 2 bonus point loses is probably than most would have expected after the World Cup and the Russel debacle.

Yes we got lucky with the stupidity of the French prop, but we still created and finsihed off 2 really good tries, and one lucky one, but the amount of times the bounce goes against us you take one when you get it.

3 minutes ago, honestly united said:

I think today's performance was much more assured and professional, played the rugby in the right area's, mistakes were cut out, defense was strong and we took our chances when they came.

If we could sort the line out we would be a really good team. Im hopeful we can turn Wales over next week and finishing the campaign with 3 wins, and 2 bonus point loses is probably than most would have expected after the World Cup and the Russel debacle.

Yes we got lucky with the stupidity of the French prop, but we still created and finsihed off 2 really good tries, and one lucky one, but the amount of times the bounce goes against us you take one when you get it.

The line out was better than in the 3 previous games though still not great.  We did scrum well, though.

I don't see the Welsh being as generous as France were today and i think a big factor will be how the game will be reffed.  Wales are more street-wise than us and can play a ref better than we can.

Just watched the game on iPlayer having avoided the score due to having to go to a party with my son.

I thought it was a really enjoyable performance, defence was outstanding, Hastings played very well, the pack fronted up, Haining was far more effective than Bradbury has been carrying close in.

We can beat Wales with this game plan, it’s far more pragmatic than before .

13 hours ago, Snobot said:

Just watched the game on iPlayer having avoided the score due to having to go to a party with my son.

I thought it was a really enjoyable performance, defence was outstanding, Hastings played very well, the pack fronted up, Haining was far more effective than Bradbury has been carrying close in.

We can beat Wales with this game plan, it’s far more pragmatic than before .

When you look at Haining's performances so far, it's hard to understand why he was "rotated" after Ireland.

He's exactly the type of big nasty b*****d we need at 8. Add in the fact that Ritchie and Watson are also great players and equally hard as f**k, and it's a great back row balance.

53 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

When you look at Haining's performances so far, it's hard to understand why he was "rotated" after Ireland.

He's exactly the type of big nasty b*****d we need at 8. Add in the fact that Ritchie and Watson are also great players and equally hard as f**k, and it's a great back row balance.

Aye, those three with one of Bradbury, Fagerson and Thomson on the bench is an excellent balance

Huge amounts of panic this morning with reports of the wales game being postponed to 31st Oct along with the France Ireland, but thankfully its still going ahead as planned.

Not that it would have stopped my trip to Cardiff, but the welsh fans are usually a decent bunch and although the game itself is usually a dissapointment going to the stadium keeps you out hte pub for a bit!

I agree on Haining, I was skeptical when first selected but thought he was very god against Ireland and put in a better shift against France. He's the kind of hard running ball carrier we have been crying out for for years - I cant rememeber the last proper 8 we had - Strauss flattered to deceive, before that you have to go back to Jason White and he was more of a blindside.

Haining has been excellent since he joined Edinburgh. It's odd that he was surplus to requirements at Bristol. Edinburgh now have the 4 Scotland  match day back rows plus the next man up in Crosbie plus the two best prospects in Darge and Boyle. And Carmichael who can play 6. And Mata who may be moved on to free up some wages. 

All the football will be on this weekend so there's no justification for cancelling Scotland versus Wales. 

NRL gets underway tonight with the Parramatta Eels v Canterbury Bulldogs at Bankwest Stadium. Tomorrow it’s Canberra Raiders v Gold Coast Titans & Qld derby Cowboys v Broncos at the Cowboys new Queensland Country Bank Stadium in Townsville. Saturday has Newcastle Knights v NZ Warriors, South Sydney Rabbitohs v Cronulla Sharks and Penrith Panthers v Roosters. First round finishes on Sunday with Manly Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm and St George Dragons v Wests Tigers.

3 changes for Scotland this week, McInally and Brown swap places, as do Skinner comes in for Cummings, and Bradbury comes in for Haining who misses out due to illness with Fagerson promoted to the bench 

There’s no way this will go ahead, surely?

On 09/03/2020 at 16:35, honestly united said:

Huge amounts of panic this morning with reports of the wales game being postponed to 31st Oct along with the France Ireland, but thankfully its still going ahead as planned.

Not that it would have stopped my trip to Cardiff, but the welsh fans are usually a decent bunch and although the game itself is usually a dissapointment going to the stadium keeps you out hte pub for a bit!

I agree on Haining, I was skeptical when first selected but thought he was very god against Ireland and put in a better shift against France. He's the kind of hard running ball carrier we have been crying out for for years - I cant rememeber the last proper 8 we had - Strauss flattered to deceive, before that you have to go back to Jason White and he was more of a blindside.

David Denton? Sadly cut down by injury.