Rugby Union

kiwififer

I'd say so.

I'm pleased there isn't another pro12 side in the same group.

Hopefully this is the season Glasgow make a bit of an impact in Europe. I think the reason the welsh and Irish press are often dismissive of Glasgow despite form in the past 3 or 4 seasons is because they haven't made any headway in European competition.

Fancy a trip down to Bath for the away tie.

Hopefully this is the season Glasgow make a bit of an impact in Europe. I think the reason the welsh and Irish press are often dismissive of Glasgow despite form in the past 3 or 4 seasons is because they haven't made any headway in European competition.

Fancy a trip down to Bath for the away tie.

I think it more to do with the fact they are Scottish.

I thought Carter was back?

He plays his first game of rugby this year on Saturday... for his local Southbridge club in a regional division one play-off match..

Should add a few to the usual crowd of one man and his dog.

I've just sat down at the Forsyth Barr stadium for the second test

What a stadium.

You're probably closer to the Water of Leith than if you were at Murrayfield. Great try stopping tackle from Ben Smith.All Blacks very lucky to go in at HT 6-10.

You're probably closer to the Water of Leith than if you were at Murrayfield. Great try stopping tackle from Ben Smith.All Blacks very lucky to go in at HT 6-10.

Strange game so far, big improvement needed.

post-74-14027348558666_thumb.jpg

Terrible performance from Scotland yesterday. I thought we were absolutely disgraceful.

Didn't see it but have read a few scathing reports online, last week and this don't seem to augur very well for the Southern Hemisphere legs of the summer tour.

Edited by peasy23

There are to be lots of planned changes to the squad between last night and the Argentina/SA games. Just as well, since we picked up a lot of injuries.

We weren't great last night, but I'd stop well short of disgraceful. A tough game against a team who are constantly improving, and who were well up for it. Winning that game was the most important thing.

We made plenty of line breaks, but the support didn't quite get there to allow us to finish them.

Russell started poorly, but grew in confidence, Lamont played well in the centre, making a huge amount of ground, and Blair Cowan was outstanding at the breakdown, after replacing Strokosch, who seemed to have picked up a neck injury.

Big negatives - Lawson was awful at the lineout, and butchered two opportunities to put Maitland in for a free score. Visser was good going forward, but utter toilet when it was kicked to him, and worse when the wingers ran at him - his defence and positioning are simply not good enough at that level.

There are to be lots of planned changes to the squad between last night and the Argentina/SA games. Just as well, since we picked up a lot of injuries.

We weren't great last night, but I'd stop well short of disgraceful. A tough game against a team who are constantly improving, and who were well up for it. Winning that game was the most important thing.

We made plenty of line breaks, but the support didn't quite get there to allow us to finish them.

Russell started poorly, but grew in confidence, Lamont played well in the centre, making a huge amount of ground, and Blair Cowan was outstanding at the breakdown, after replacing Strokosch, who seemed to have picked up a neck injury.

Big negatives - Lawson was awful at the lineout, and butchered two opportunities to put Maitland in for a free score. Visser was good going forward, but utter toilet when it was kicked to him, and worse when the wingers ran at him - his defence and positioning are simply not good enough at that level.

Yeah... I definitely think I went too far last night. But I still thought we were really bad and could quite easily have lost. If the ref hadn't spotted the infringement by the Canadian that led him to be sent off then Canada had a reasonably easy penalty to take the lead again, with very little time remaining. Remember that this is a Canada side that just lost to Japan as well.

Think the lesson here is don't streak at an All Blacks game....

He's in the papers today saying he feels a bit sore but nothing too major.

He's more worried about the fact his girlfriend isn't talking to him :lol: