Rugby Union

kiwififer

Gutted.

Looked to be running on empty in the last 10 minutes.

New experienced scrum half required with Cusiter going. Prygos will come good in time, niko is a good impact player to come on and help kill a game. Not so much when chasing.

All in all a great season, built on last years league performances, scotstoun feeling like a proper home now and with a couple of additions to the side Glasgow can push on next year.

Bit disappointing to lose, score isn't an actual reflection of the game. Glasgow, just ran out of gas towards the end, if anything the injuries meant we made subs too early.

I found it really warm in Dublin though- must have been 22c or so at 6pm when in the sun, which didn't make things easy. I downed 2 bottles of water at the game and I was just watching!

Leinster were really up for it being BOD last game too.

RDS is a great arena, felt really tight into the pitch and really enclosed just a pity it is temporary stands and not a permanent facility.

As an Edinburgh fan, I've been watching jealously almost all season, congratulations to Glasgow on a fantastic season

Something I don't understand, so hopefully someone can explain it, us why there is such a difference in the way Glasgow and Edinburgh are set up. I thought they were both run by the SRU and would have thought they would both have the same aims, but Glasgow seems to have this huge squad of young, mostly Scots players coming through, whereas Edinburgh seems to be a bunch of journeymen from all over, with a few Scots internationals thrown in.

I wish I knew, as I see it, it's a combination, the management is the first one, solomons' plan is to bring in good old players to bleed the youngsters into a winning team, but what forever reason, the SH signings have been poor for the most part. Du Preez being the exception. The past couple of seasons we haven't had a decent 10 which is obviously pivotal, and had lead to people being moved around and out of position, so the team never looked settled. Solomons deserves at least one more season though, so long as he stops falling out with people.

I'd love to blame the SRU but I don't think that's fair, Glasgow have just done better with what they have.

In terms of next season, I'm reasonably confident that we can qualify for the ECC. Tonks was looking a good 10 before he got injured, Cuthbert looks a really good FB, hart at 9 was better than laidlaw, and was im sure the reason for grieg's 'rest'. Tom brown looks promising on the wing, then you have our stalwarts of visser, Scott, ford, Denton and roddy grant who was outstanding last year, and won the caulie lug trophy.

I wish I knew, as I see it, it's a combination, the management is the first one, solomons' plan is to bring in good old players to bleed the youngsters into a winning team, but what forever reason, the SH signings have been poor for the most part. Du Preez being the exception. The past couple of seasons we haven't had a decent 10 which is obviously pivotal, and had lead to people being moved around and out of position, so the team never looked settled. Solomons deserves at least one more season though, so long as he stops falling out with people.

I'd love to blame the SRU but I don't think that's fair, Glasgow have just done better with what they have.

In terms of next season, I'm reasonably confident that we can qualify for the ECC. Tonks was looking a good 10 before he got injured, Cuthbert looks a really good FB, hart at 9 was better than laidlaw, and was im sure the reason for grieg's 'rest'. Tom brown looks promising on the wing, then you have our stalwarts of visser, Scott, ford, Denton and roddy grant who was outstanding last year, and won the caulie lug trophy.

Fair enough. See in terms of the players each team has, are they paid by the clubs independently, or are they all on SRU contracts?

Hopefully Edinburgh improve next season anyway. I don't mind admitting I pretty much support both teams, though it's Glasgow when they play each other. I mostly just want Scotland to be half decent again. I grew up watching a good Scotland team win the grand slam in 90 and regularly do well in world cups and send several players off on the lions tours. It just seems everytime it looks like we might be back on the verge of being Ok, we slip back down again.

I had a look today on the Warriors website re season tickets and they are nearly all gone. It doesn't look like there will be much scope for buying tickets on a game by game basis next season. The only double seats were in both corners of the North Stand, mostly behind the posts, I wonder if they have plan B to try and increase the capacity in the short term?

Any existing season ticket holders have until July to renew so other seats may become available after the cut off date.

The only thing the really can do is bring in those temporary stands right from the start of the season. They had a temporary terrace behind one set of posts for a few games last season.

Short of that they could rebuild/extend the north stand to be almost on a par with the south. It's a glasgow life/city council facility though so it would have to go through them. The sru I imagine would need to foot the bill or part of it.

It's a problem for Glasgow. A successful run, people wanting season tickets and it will be a struggle to find tickets. Suspect some existing holders will waiting till deadline time to try and move seats to be near friends. I did that last year and luckily got a good seat. I'm waiting till the 20th to renew- go on credit card the month after the Dublin trip is billed on it!

Scotstoun was always a bit on the small side and the running track is going to be a pain as the council will not want it obstructed. However be interesting to know how often the athletics part of the stadium is ever used- rarely I'd suggest and I think they wanted Glasgow to fill Scotstoun as athletics only seems to be a white elephant. Glasgow use it for training and use the offices too. I guess they'll continue to use the temporary stands often- but really Glasgow need to look at a bigger ground.

Edited by flyingscot