Rugby Union

kiwififer

Watched some of that this morning. The All blacks looked awesome in parts

Why have NZ and SA played 2 games but Ausralia nil? I may be totally ignorant in asking this btw :unsure:

SA have 2 fixtures away to NZ, makes sense to play them back to back given the distances involved. Likewise, when Aus play their two away games in SA they'll do the same.

The travel between NZ and Aus isn't such a biggie so these may be spread out.

The ABs are going to coast this, they may lose in SA but I think there's a fair chance they'll win every match.

SA have 2 fixtures away to NZ, makes sense to play them back to back given the distances involved. Likewise, when Aus play their two away games in SA they'll do the same.

The travel between NZ and Aus isn't such a biggie so these may be spread out.

The ABs are going to coast this, they may lose in SA but I think there's a fair chance they'll win every match.

Cheers for that. I just found it strange thats all :D

Pride before a fall, there's a lot of folk here that think the AB's now won't lose a match until after the WC next year...

and yes, they look awesome just now.

Pride before a fall, there's a lot of folk here that think the AB's now won't lose a match until after the WC next year...

and yes, they look awesome just now.

New Zealand as usual are brilliant for the majority of the 4 years between world cups, but I won't be surprised if as usual, they end up losing in the quarter finals or something against France or someone like that.

New Zealand as usual are brilliant for the majority of the 4 years between world cups, but I won't be surprised if as usual, they end up losing in the quarter finals or something against France or someone like that.

Oh that's what will happen for sure. They will be a point behind someone and will try and go for the perfect try instead of kicking it over, getting the points and putting their name on the trophy.

• 2 weeks later...

So will we get another fantastic weekend of Super League action? I'm certain we will as tonight we have Leeds v Wigan and, tomorrow we have Wanky Wanky Warrington v Saints biggrin.gif ! The last few weeks we've some absoloute crackers of games with Leeds v Saints, Saints v Wigan, Hull v Hull KR, Wigan v Warrington and, last week Wigan v Hull (yes it was one sided but Wigan were simply outstanding) and Hull KR v Bradford just because it was sheer bonkers! It's fantastic to see our club game is getting a lot lot better and is getting more like the NRL in terms of competetiveness (hopefully the skill levels will become just as good too although the skills are improving). Now all we need is our international game to (bring back GB,) and to get rid of the stupid franchise system and then we our game will be even better.

Big Willie Mason could be going to Super League. Huddersfield and Hull KR are intrested in him. No idea what he's like now but in his prime from the little I saw of him he didn't look like someone you'd want to mess with.

Once again quality Super League action over the weekend! Saints beat Warrington 26 - 24 in an absoloute cracker and Warrington still can't beat uslaugh.gif. Also the Hull KR - Castleford game was meant to be really good and that also came down to just two points, and Catalans beat Bradford! Which means Catalans are off bottom. Harlequins are bottom now though they have a game in hand against Crusaders this week and, if Crusaders win they're in a play - off spot which is remarakable given they were bottom last season or, if Harlequins win they're off bottom.

Challenge Cup Semis this weekbiggrin.gif ! Saints v Leeds and Warrington v Catalans! Saints - Leeds should be another cracker and who knows who the winner will be and, Warrington should beat Catalans but, the French side have won their last two games where as Warrington have lost them!

Another fantastic weekend of rugby league coming up!

Bought my tickets for Scotland-Samoa in November this week. First rugby game I'll have attended since the 1999 World Cup game against South Africa :o Looking forward to it and having watched sideways and backward short passing followed by aimless punts forward in a vain attempt to score for a few years now at Pittodrie I think I'm more then ready for a game of rugby at Pittodrie.

If Scotland are playing Samoa up at Pittodrie the Samoans will freeze their bollocks off up there!

We play the All-Blacks again tonight across the ditch in Christchurch. After getting fairly humped last weekend I cant see nothing but another drubbing again this time and the kiwis to wrap up this tri-series along with the bledisloe cup.

20-10, caught the first bit in the pub tonight before a meal with the missus.

The wallabies looked a much better side and the AB's had to fight for the win.

19 out of 20 though, if they play like that next year, they might as well carve the name right now.

19 out of 20 though, if they play like that next year, they might as well carve the name right now.

dont the cocky kiwis say that everytime the world cup comes around??

then they meet france..................:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

SA vs NZ today, 3pm kick off our time. Sky Sports 4.

First rugby match to be played in the Soccer City stadium. 89,000 sell out. And no vuvuzelas!

Should be a cracking match, SA have nothing but pride to play for but there's a lot of that at stake.

Not betting on this one as no idea which way it'll go.

Edited by Fuctifano

• 4 weeks later...

Just caught wigan vs Leeds yesterday, the superleague playoffs have started. What a game! Absolutely amazing, won't give away the result, just that anyone who's remotely interested should find a replay on sky.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's Terry Newton busted after failing a drug test (he took steriods) and, hopefully more will follow and get busted. There's no excuses for drug taking and hopefully this will mean that the tests are more often and thorough than ever before. We need to get the cheats out of our game regardless how much it costs.

Terry Newton has been found dead, hanged - Link

RIP Terry Newton sad.gif . Great player who sadly near the end of his career started feeling tired and hurt all the time and thought the best solution would be to take Human Growth Hormone. He then got caught, got a two year ban which stopped him playing the game he loved. He had already been on anti - depressant following the death of his sister so with this probably still on his mind and not playing rugby it obviously became too much for him.

RIP Tezza I'll always remember your try against the Aussies at Hull!

In the NRL final today St George Illawarra Dragons beat Sydney Roosters to record their first premiership since the St George and Illawarra merger. Roosters just capitulated in the second half about the 50th minute and just got steamrolled. I do think the Roosters will be there or thereabouts next season again though if they keep roughly the same squad.