Rugby Union

kiwififer

That was a good game. At half-time I thought Australia would go on and totally embarass England even more but England raised their game in the 2nd half and managed to restore some pride in themselves.

Burgess has been great this season for a very poor Bradford Bulls team and, he should get even better from the experiance he'll get in Australia. Just like Gareth Ellis has.

I think the Aussies will beat France but England will need to play to their full potential and they'll also need to play well in the first half not just the 2nd half if they want to beat New Zealand.

I was at the game on Saturday. At HT I was ready to go home but Tony Smiths tinkering seemed to settle us down a bit. He moved Lee Smith out to right wing, put Hammond in at right centre. Perhaps most importantly he put Sinfield in at acting half to direct the team from the ruck similar to what Cameron Smith does for the Aussies.

It will be a tough game next Saturday against the Kiwis, I am tempted to get McGuire to feck. He is a "catch and passer" and terrifed of taking the ball into contact. Tomkins played well in the 2nd half and looked like our one back that could cause the Aussies problems.

I hope Scotland beat Wales and get to the Four Nations in 2011 it would be good to see them play in it. PNG won the Pacific cup final to qualify to play in next years Four Nations. As for the NZ vs England game in the next round the kiwis have Jeff Lima, Matai and Harrison all in doubt with injuries. Also good to hear Matty King has been doing well over in England.

There is no qualifying for the 4 Nations from the Euro Cup AFAIK. France are it as the 4th Northern Hemisphere team for now.

There is no qualifying for the 4 Nations from the Euro Cup AFAIK. France are it as the 4th Northern Hemisphere team for now.

France did qualify as you said above but from this year onwards the European Cup will be used to decide who joins in the Four Nations when its held in Europe apparently just as from this year the Pacific Cup will be used to decide who joins it for when its held down here. Its a decent way of doing it I think and gives another nation a chance to enter the competition.

Edited by Bluenose5

Four nations final tomorrow and England have named un-changed side from the one that beat New Zealand last week. Can't wait for the tomorrow! If England play to their best then they may still not win ( unless the Aussies have a complete off day) but they should still be able to put in a respectable performance but, if they crap and the Aussies are up for I can see a massacre coming on.

Unlucky to the Scotland team who narrowly got beat in the European cup final by Wales. Scotland were winning and were the better team until the 2nd half in which Wales just seemed to do everything right.

Some of the Scotland team also look as if they could play at a higher level. Those players are Mick Nayn, Gareth Moore, The Henderson brothers although I think they may play Wakefield now but I could be wrong and James Nixon although, he could be in Super League and so could Steve McCormack the Scotland coach if Barrow apply and they get in.

Should be a good final this weekend. Will be interesting if Tim Sheens plays Michael Jennings or not. Should be an interesting matchup between Thurston and Eastmond after Eastmond branded Thurston 'arrogant' when Thurston claimed he didnt know who he was. A big blow for us this week after losing Dallas Johnson to the Catalan Dragons :( he will do a good job for them over there. Also Wendell Sailor announced his retirement the past few days too.

Edited by Bluenose5

Some game the final was. England played really well but like the Aussies always do they pulled away in the last 10-20 minutes and scored something like six trys in ten minutes which meant they made it look like a complete massacre. I'm not saying England were the better team and Australia were bad as the Aussies were the better team but, I do think winning by thirty points did extremely flatter them.

I see Tony Smith resigned. Wasn't a shock really as there was rumors going about he would leave even if England had won. The candidates so far look to be Justin Morgan ( who wouldn't be a bad appointment), John Kear who's been it before and failed but he's improved as a coach since then, Steve McNamara and Brian McDermott who are both probably to inexperianced to get the job but hey coaches have to start somewhere and even Ellery Hanley has been metioned as a candidate.

Well it was a good final both teams played well but the match goes for 80min and England seem to not cope with that and thats what sets the men apart from the boys. Good to see Slater play well :) .

Yeah that was some piece of skill from Slater for Smith's try. As you say playing for the whole game was really the difference between the two sides but I also thought that the skill and technical levels were better to from the Aussies. Their tactical kicking, running into space and that skill from Slater was outstanding!