Rugby Union

kiwififer

Forgot to put this in here but here goes MELBOURNE STORM 09 NRL CHAMPIONS!!!! :D and U20 toyota cup champions too. As for Argentina entering the tri-nations they will be the whipping boys but it will improve them as a team and rugby nation.

You def think they will be whipping boys? I assume they get to play home games aswell as the others? In which case, they'd have a reasonable shot at winning some homes

You def think they will be whipping boys? I assume they get to play home games aswell as the others? In which case, they'd have a reasonable shot at winning some homes

In the grand scheme of things mate I still think they will be whipping boys.Australia, NZ and South Africa are streets ahead talent wise.

First games on the 4 nations with England getting off to a pretty comfortable start beating France 34-12. The scoreline may suggest France got a bit of a humping but they actually played really well and they gave England a scare when they were up 12-4 at half-time. It's going to be Australia's title I think. Their squad just looks unstoppable with guys like Haynes, Slater, Smith, Lockyer and Inglis in it. They'll play New Zealand or England in the final. I don't really see France getting anywhere and they will likely get a dooing in both or if not one of the games against the Aussies or the Kiwis.

A disappointing come from behind 20-20 draw for us against the kiwis thanks to a late Cameron Smith try, Thurston we can thank also.

I really thought the Aussies were going to beat New Zealand but really they were fortunate to come away with anything. I do expect though if England play like they did against the French the Aussies will hump them!

I really thought the Aussies were going to beat New Zealand but really they were fortunate to come away with anything. I do expect though if England play like they did against the French the Aussies will hump them!

I never saw your match against France but I think we need to up our game a bit too if we are to beat England. I see you follow the English Super League airdrieman, who do you follow?

I never saw your match against France but I think we need to up our game a bit too if we are to beat England. I see you follow the English Super League airdrieman, who do you follow?

The mighty St Helens :D . Of of the best if not the best Super League team of the decade.

I see you follow Melbourne Storm. From what I seen of the NRL this year they were easily the best team. Are ESPN going to be showing the whole NRL season this year? I hope they are last season what I seen was superb and I would love to watch it every week like I do with Super League.

Can't wait for England -Aussie tonight and Scotland - Lebanon tomorrow. Should be a good weekend of Rugby League :D .

The mighty St Helens :D . Of of the best if not the best Super League team of the decade.

I see you follow Melbourne Storm. From what I seen of the NRL this year they were easily the best team. Are ESPN going to be showing the whole NRL season this year? I hope they are last season what I seen was superb and I would love to watch it every week like I do with Super League.

Can't wait for England -Aussie tonight and Scotland - Lebanon tomorrow. Should be a good weekend of Rugby League :D .

I have heard about St Helens and how they are the powerhouse of the English Super League, one of the best teams going around. Yeah we have been the best team in the NRL for past few seasons actually as we have a quality squad put together with quite a few rep players for QLD and NSW and have 6 players in the Australia squad. I would say we have been the best team of this decade since we have been in 4 straight grand finals, will be harder next season to make that 5 though. I dont know who broadcasts our NRL games over in the UK mate as im from Melbourne and we get it on free-to-air telly and also on our pay-tv called Foxtel here. How has Matty King been going over in England?, he was one of my favourite players when he was playing for us.

Big news for the Wests Tigers as Lote Tuqiri is set to make a comeback to League and play for the Tigers. Would be a good addition to our national team, I think Tim Sheens would find a way to fit him in. It will be a good signing for Wests when he does sign as he isnt allowed to yet since he will be playing a part of the English Union season for Leicester I think. Would be a big lethal combination with him and big Tuiaki on the wing aswell as having Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall in the squad.

Edited by Bluenose5

Well that was a better performance from us in the first half anyway beating England 26-16. Our first half pretty much saved us as England made a late fightback but we held out in the end. Good to see Slater getting a double and Inglis getting one on the night. That Sam Burgess seems like he could be a handy player for the Rabbitohs next season. Now to beat the French next match :)

anyone catch something about a rugby game up in japan?

Just wondering what the score was.....

I was keeching myself on that one, had big money (for me) on NZ to win -7.5 having seen the Wallabies backline, plus a couple of other bets for NZ to win between 10-15 and 15-20.

Got up at half time and it was 16-13 to Oz. Fortunately Carter’s boot meant that the weekend wasn’t ruined before it started.

Autumn internationals start this weekend, England – Australia and Wales – NZ. Scotland’s first game is vs Fiji the following Saturday.

anyone catch something about a rugby game up in japan?

Just wondering what the score was.....

Nah I was too busy watching a wee 'soccer' game involving Sydney and some other diddy wee team....

I have heard about St Helens and how they are the powerhouse of the English Super League, one of the best teams going around. Yeah we have been the best team in the NRL for past few seasons actually as we have a quality squad put together with quite a few rep players for QLD and NSW and have 6 players in the Australia squad. I would say we have been the best team of this decade since we have been in 4 straight grand finals, will be harder next season to make that 5 though. I dont know who broadcasts our NRL games over in the UK mate as im from Melbourne and we get it on free-to-air telly and also on our pay-tv called Foxtel here. How has Matty King been going over in England?, he was one of my favourite players when he was playing for us.

Matty King's done well this season. he scored a hat-trick in the challenge cup semi for Warrington to get them in their first final in twenty years. He's a good player from what I've seen of him.

Well that was a better performance from us in the first half anyway beating England 26-16. Our first half pretty much saved us as England made a late fightback but we held out in the end. Good to see Slater getting a double and Inglis getting one on the night. That Sam Burgess seems like he could be a handy player for the Rabbitohs next season. Now to beat the French next match :)

That was a good game. At half-time I thought Australia would go on and totally embarass England even more but England raised their game in the 2nd half and managed to restore some pride in themselves.

Burgess has been great this season for a very poor Bradford Bulls team and, he should get even better from the experiance he'll get in Australia. Just like Gareth Ellis has.

I think the Aussies will beat France but England will need to play to their full potential and they'll also need to play well in the first half not just the 2nd half if they want to beat New Zealand.

Edited by airdrieman

Scotland beat lebanon 22-10 yesterday to get the European cup final :D ! The final is this Sunday against Wales in Wales and it's on sky sports 3 at half past three if anyone's intrested. If Scotland win not only will they win the cup but they will qualifiy for the 2011 Four Nations :D ! Imagine Scotland playing the Aussies, England and the Kiwis! They would be unmissable games!

Scotland beat lebanon 22-10 yesterday to get the European cup final :D ! The final is this Sunday against Wales in Wales and it's on sky sports 3 at half past three if anyone's intrested. If Scotland win not only will they win the cup but they will qualifiy for the 2011 Four Nations :D ! Imagine Scotland playing the Aussies, England and the Kiwis! They would be unmissable games!

I hope Scotland beat Wales and get to the Four Nations in 2011 it would be good to see them play in it. PNG won the Pacific cup final to qualify to play in next years Four Nations. As for the NZ vs England game in the next round the kiwis have Jeff Lima, Matai and Harrison all in doubt with injuries. Also good to hear Matty King has been doing well over in England.