Rugby Union

kiwififer

Na mate all good here, we are built of tough stuff down here :P swine flu wont keep us down.

I had to have a full medical and chemical bath before I was allowed to cross the border back into NSW!

I suppose that would have been the first time alot of people from NSW have seen a bath before! :P

:lol: Have fun tonight, hope the Blues pump yer adopted team. Not for this thread but is there a 'state of origin' for aussie rules?

:lol: Have fun tonight, hope the Blues pump yer adopted team. Not for this thread but is there a 'state of origin' for aussie rules?

Should be good match ;) Yeah there is a 'state of origin' for aussie rules. Its generally between VIC and SA but it hasnt been properly contested for ages now. They had a VIC vs Rest of Australia match last year.

Edited by Bluenose5

I suppose that would have been the first time alot of people from NSW have seen a bath before! :P

It is pissing down rain in Sydney atm.

BTW, all children who head to Melbourne have to have a week in quarantine after their return according to the news...

Should be a good game, apparently it is all sold out.

It is pissing down rain in Sydney atm.

BTW, all children who head to Melbourne have to have a week in quarantine after their return according to the news...

Should be a good game, apparently it is all sold out.

It has been yes, absolutely tipping it down. Seaforth eh? You're not a million miles from me in Neutral Bay. Are you here on holiday or more permanently?

Its raining on and off down here at the moment. Wont effect the game though because they will have the roof closed for it, well I will be heading off to the game soon so hope the maroons get a good win.

Edited by Bluenose5

Really good game last night, Queensland deserved winners in the end. NSW showed enough in the second half to suggest that game 2 in Sydney will be very competitive. I've got tickets for game three at Suncorp so partly hoping that it's still in the balance by then, although seeing a 3 nil would be nice too.

Intersting enough game. I had football traiing at the same time which was a bit of an organisational oversight. IO would have thought they'd close the grounds...

Not as one sided as many suggested.

As for being here permantently, I am not entirely sure - but here is where the work is...

Sir Edmund Hillary, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Sam Neill, Neil Finn, Xena Warrior Princess, nous les avons battus tous, kiwififer pouvez-vous entendre moi? kiwififer vos garçons ont pris un enfer d'un battement.

aye very good :lol: I still know which flag to salute, and it's not got stars on it. ;)

Saying that though, you would think the country's been shafted up the bum today, no excuses given, they were plain shoite.

Don't mention the all-white's either, that was just plain cruel....

Edited by kiwififer

aye very good :lol: I still know which flag to salute, and it's not got stars on it. ;)

Saying that though, you would think the country's been shafted up the bum today, no excuses given, they were plain shoite.

Don't mention the all-white's either, that was just plain cruel....

The kiwi media are idiots. Wasn't so long ago that they were bleating that NZ could play a 3rd XV and beat any team from the Northern Hemisphere. A 2nd string team gets deservedly turned over in their own back yard and they're labelling them "the worst team ever".

I wonder if we'll see Mr Carter rushed back for the Tri-Nations?

a lot of talk about dropping the rule about not letting the foreign based kiwi's into the AB's...

How would that affect the current squad? Are many of them based overseas?

you have to be NZ based to play for the AB's at the mo. If you follow the money overseas, you don't play, simple.

Saying that, there's been a few that head over for the money, then return for the super 14's/AB's ala Luke McAlister.