Rugby Union

kiwififer

Was at Pittodrie today - what a cakewalk! Cracking to open both halves with tries, good ones at that. I know it was 'only' Canada, but Scotland played some good passing rugby today, especially when you take the tough conditions into consideration. Quite impressed with what I saw, it has to give hope going forward.

Canada were rotten mind you, but I still enjoyed myself.

Quite gutted on the Scotland front in RU, but for all that it's daft that the seedings for the Wordl Cup are decided three years prior to the tournament, we only have ourselves to blame and hopefully we kick on and improve. With any luck we'll get a poorer second seed when the world cup comes around, but we can't dwell on it and have to focus on doing as well as we can when the next Six Nations comes round. It could well be Hadden's last if we don't get our act together.

Still, the silver lining is being able to laugh at England, and in particualr Nick Easter. Said in an interview before the game talking about South Africa "They only come over for one game really and it's us."

Aye very good arsehole, you gave them such a tough challenge didn't you? :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Scotland in with Argentina and England for the 2011 World Cup. Impossible to predict what England will be like by then but Argentina are definitely the best of the top seeds to draw.

New Zealand await the runners-up of our group you'd guess, although they are paired with France and Tonga. Ireland in with Australia and Italy, Wales with South Africa, Fiji and likely Samoa.

Scotland in with Argentina and England for the 2011 World Cup. Impossible to predict what England will be like by then but Argentina are definitely the best of the top seeds to draw.

New Zealand await the runners-up of our group you'd guess, although they are paired with France and Tonga. Ireland in with Australia and Italy, Wales with South Africa, Fiji and likely Samoa.

we literally could not have gotten a better draw. Argentina are a decent side but it will be hard for them to sustain this level for another 3 years . To have avoided the tri nations is nigh on miraculous and no doubt the gin will be flowing amongts the blazers at Murrayfield tonight.

we literally could not have gotten a better draw. Argentina are a decent side but it will be hard for them to sustain this level for another 3 years . To have avoided the tri nations is nigh on miraculous and no doubt the gin will be flowing amongts the blazers at Murrayfield tonight.

Never mind them. trebles all round in Cambridge! :D

Excellent draw. Argentina can come and go, and do not have regular rugby. Good to get them.

If we got England now we'd be laughing, anyone who saw the New Zealand - England game saw how many kicks Carter missed, and England's discipline was awful. On the other hand they will improve- always a tough challenge- but we can beat England at any time as the fans and the game motivates us and gives a level playing field.

• 5 months later...

Yep, I'm going. Should be a good day out, would probably prefer a Leinster win.

Super 14 semis this weekend too- would like the Hurricanes to win it, but if the Chiefs win that semi I hope they win the whole thing. Can't go the Crusaders.

Mon' the Tigers! B)

Chiefs into the final now, that back three of Masaga, Muliaina and Sivivatu is absolutely lethal especially Sivivatu he has been shit hot this season he just seems to glide past defenders and it doesn't even look like he's going flat out. :unsure:

Mon' the Tigers! B)

Chiefs into the final now, that back three of Masaga, Muliaina and Sivivatu is absolutely lethal especially Sivivatu he has been shit hot this season he just seems to glide past defenders and it doesn't even look like he's going flat out. :unsure:

Sivivatu's out for the finals, he injured his shoulder against the 'cane's. I watched the chiefs game and the highlights of the crusader's game, and it's not looking good for the mooloo, the bulls will just kick like mad to win it, in what is argueably the most hostile ground in the 14's. Would be great for the Waikato though if they did, Hamilton would go on a bender for a week.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/2436775/Siviv...ed-out-of-final

On the Heineken, I think Leinster shaded it- a game too far for Leicester. Leinster also had a massively more vocal support and made up the majority of that ground!

yeah, definitely. The only time the Tigers were in the ascendancy was when Leinster were down to 14. Elsom is a total machine, what a game he had. The pitch invasions at the end were quite funny, although one of the guys got a severe cracking off a steward.

Some atmosphere in Edinburgh last night too, cracking times.

Mon' the Tigers! B)

Sivivatu's out for the finals, he injured his shoulder against the 'cane's. I watched the chiefs game and the highlights of the crusader's game, and it's not looking good for the mooloo, the bulls will just kick like mad to win it, in what is argueably the most hostile ground in the 14's. Would be great for the Waikato though if they did, Hamilton would go on a bender for a week.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/2436775/Siviv...ed-out-of-final

61-17 for the Bulls, 8 tries to 2. I had a nibble on them with an 11 point handicap, nice to win but could have won so much more!

Unstoppable stuff from the Bulls, but it must be difficult for a team travelling across a continent to play, not to mention the playing at altitude at Loftus Versfeld. In all the super 12/14 finals, only the Crusaders in 2000 have won outside their own country, and that was only to Australia. Equally hard to play a neutral final and sell it out though. The new US-style conference system is due in the season after next, which should shake things up.

Kiwi your boys took a hell of a beating.

Got the final recorded still to watch it but, I thought it was going to be one of those kicking games decided by about 3 points but i guess the the amount of sprinkboks that the bulls have they HAD to win.

Has anybody been keeping tabs on the shenanigans going on at Bath? Three of their players have resigned after they all refused 3 times to take a drugs test! This is after Matt Stevens testing positive for Colombian fizz in february and another guy being punted for getting involved in a pub fight with Harlequins players :lol:

You must get some night out with these boys. I thought rugby boys just drunk their own piss and tea-bagged each other. How times have changed!

Who says that rugby is played by gentlemen? :rolleyes: