Rugby Union

kiwififer

16 minutes ago, GAD said:

Yeah, I'm surprised by the Dempsey hate, I thought he was our biggest carrier and made yards every time.

He was doing the job everyone was saying they wanted an 8 to do for Scotland for the last five/ten years. Quick look at the stats there he made 80 metres from 13 carries (52m from 13 carries for schoeman, as a comparison), and 9 more tackles than any other Scot. 

Edited by Genuine Hibs Fan

Poor Michele, feel for them. We've had a fair few of those in the unbeaten streak where all of a sudden their carrying game looks completely irrepressible for 25/30 mins and we struggle to contain them. Think there's an element of not having the players to play their style outside 10 when they have injuries to the likes of Capuozzo, Padavani, ioane and Minozzi

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

They're still old and in decline but this is starting to look like a very Warren Gatland Wales team

Yeah, what a start, they've been brilliant. Should be a yellow to France there as well.

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

Is a Wales win better for us here? Can we still finish 2nd?

I'd rather France won and Ireland lost tbh 

Peter Wright talking about things going "tits up" on Radio Scotland was quite funny. Really need to have Finn and Ritchie Gray fit and in form before the World Cup but even then I can't see us beating the Saffers or Ireland.  

Never in doubt, eh lads?

That all felt a bit Andy Murray, with the game won by half time, so we decided to provide some entertainment before finishing the job in style. Thought Italy were very harshly done by at the scrum, a lot of 50-50s that went to the big team.

Blair Kinghorn is an excellent open field and broken field runner. He's a fucking shite stand off, and that selection should never happen again. Thought the forward subs actually killed our momentum - Matt Fagerson became the family penalty machine for the day. Ali Price was decent when he came on, and thought Healy looked tidy without getting the chance to show much, as by the point he came on, the forwards had decided they couldn't be arsed hitting rucks.

Positives - another BP win, and we showed this team does have a bit of steel about them, as in the past, we'd have shat that defensive set on our line.

Negatives - No creativity at 10, f**k all from the forwards in the second half.

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Never in doubt, eh lads?

That all felt a bit Andy Murray, with the game won by half time, so we decided to provide some entertainment before finishing the job in style. Thought Italy were very harshly done by at the scrum, a lot of 50-50s that went to the big team.

Blair Kinghorn is an excellent open field and broken field runner. He's a fucking shite stand off, and that selection should never happen again. Thought the forward subs actually killed our momentum - Matt Fagerson became the family penalty machine for the day. Ali Price was decent when he came on, and thought Healy looked tidy without getting the chance to show much, as by the point he came on, the forwards had decided they couldn't be arsed hitting rucks.

Positives - another BP win, and we showed this team does have a bit of steel about them, as in the past, we'd have shat that defensive set on our line.

Negatives - No creativity at 10, f**k all from the forwards in the second half.

Thought Healy looked ok when he came on, a marked improvement from Kinghorn at 10 anyway. KInghorn looks a player at 15

11 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Blair Kinghorn is an excellent open field and broken field runner. He's a fucking shite stand off, and that selection should never happen again. 

That's my slightly contrarian thought on Kinghorn at the moment. he's not actually a great FB either, has some issues in that position as well. He's an excellent athlete and natural rugby player, but he's just not very rugby smart imo, so him starting anywhere you're going to see big issues in his game. I still think wing is where he's played his best rugby for Scotland, but FB over FH every time. If he was more coachable you'd even say 12 could be his best position. 

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

That's my slightly contrarian thought on Kinghorn at the moment. he's not actually a great FB either, has some issues in that position as well. He's an excellent athlete and natural rugby player, but he's just not very rugby smart imo, so him starting anywhere you're going to see big issues in his game. I still think wing is where he's played his best rugby for Scotland, but FB over FH every time. If he was more coachable you'd even say 12 could be his best position. 

He'd get eaten alive defensively in the 12 channel.

I'd agree on wing probably being his best position. His main issue (apart from his tackling) is that he's about 3rd or 4th best in about 4 different positions. He's an excellent bench option, but I don't think he should start in any of the positions he can cover.