Rugby Union

kiwififer

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I was actually quite surprised we'd conceded less pens than Italy, but then remembered they conceded about 4 at one scrum.

We were definitely lucky to get them, as well as a couple of decisions. Fagersons turnover pen at the end his hands go beyond and he's pretty much stood on his head. Almost like now we're the bigger team we're getting the run of the ref!

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

We were definitely lucky to get them, as well as a couple of decisions. Fagersons turnover pen at the end his hands go beyond and he's pretty much stood on his head. Almost like now we're the bigger team we're getting the run of the ref!

Aye, I said that myself at the time. I also think the ref was wrong on the pen we eventually scored from there, you can't shout that it's ok to play it then immediately penalise the guy for playing it.

On another note, Scotland are actually very boring without Finn.

We'll get a BP win here, with only third to play for, against a team desperate to win a game this year, with two of our most important players missing. We've scored three tries after 45 minutes against a very decent team. Not sure what more people are looking for in the circumstances 

We'll get a BP win here, with only third to play for, against a team desperate to win a game this year, with two of our most important players missing. We've scored three tries after 45 minutes against a very decent team. Not sure what more people are looking for in the circumstances 

More fun.

There has been some really poor quality rugby here from both teams to be fair.

Edited by GAD

Aye, very much job done. Quite content watching this tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Excitement

5 minutes ago, GAD said:

More fun.

There has been some really poor quality rugby here from both teams to be fair.

4 minutes ago, skiblue said:

Excitement

Lads we've had at least two instances of Johnny Gray attacking off turnover ball in this game. Not sure how much more excitement I can handle

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Watson's really not the same player these days. 

Yeah.  I’m not sure a case can be made for him being first pick at 7. 

Fagerson has had absolute disaster since he’s come on. 

3 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Lads we've had at least two instances of Johnny Gray attacking off turnover ball in this game. Not sure how much more excitement I can handle

A Sam Skinner line break from his own 22?

Watson's just back from injury though, no? The bigger pity is him and Darge both being out meani g we've had to rush him back. There's a good chance he can raise his game again, at least short term, but the amount he puts his body through could be past the end of his peak now

17 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Personally I'm frustrated at our continuing issues at the lineout and inability to put a reasonable Italian team to bed. And then there's the Italian try......