Rugby Union

kiwififer

Utter dogshit 2nd half. Reminiscent of the bad old days.

Worse case scenario today was that I thought even in defeat we could have given them something to think about regarding the WC, but I don't think they'll be worried. 

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You'll see the same posters making the same points about refereeing in every Italy game as well, because Italy are clearly refereed in a different way to every other team in the tournament, Scotland included. Come the World Cup, you'll see Scotland benefiting from this against Tonga and Romania while suffering from it against Ireland and South Africa. There's no other sport where the referee has such a huge influence and it doesn't mean anyone is in denial about Ireland being a far better team than Scotland regardless.

Yeah, I barely know the half of it about Rugby but there's a heck of a lot of reductionism going on here. 

1 minute ago, Bodie said:

Utter dogshit 2nd half. Reminiscent of the bad old days.

Worse case scenario today was that I thought even in defeat we could have given them something to think about regarding the WC, but I don't think they'll be worried. 

Russell had one of his quietest games in a long time - that was down to getting very little quality possession - too often we looked rushed as Ireland blitzed almost every time.

Desperately disappointing second half performance from us. All went to shit when Duhan decided not to to jump for the kick chase. 

I’m not going to say anything about the ref cos he’s absolutely not the reason we lost today. Fair fucks to the Irish with all the injuries they sustained to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Mack Hansen especially was exceptional. 

9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Who said anything about cheated? It's perfectly possible to think you've had a hard time from a referee and been beaten by a better team. Again, if you understood the sport you're pontificating on you would understand that this is how the sport is discussed. As mentioned earlier here l, Ireland fans were complaining about the referee on twitter earlier as well. It's really not that difficult to understand 

No one said the word cheated, the same posters just went on endlessly about the referee, as per whenever Scotland or Glasgow are losing. If the sport is discussed in this manner why isn't the referee the centre of discussion whenever Scotland or Glasgow are winning comfortably? 

It's not difficult to understand that when you come on this thread,  and it's just incessant posts about the ref whenever the game isn't going our way it comes across poorly. 

The referee isn't close to being the reason we've lost that, yet he's made up the majority of the posts. 

6 minutes ago, Leggy Blonde said:

Desperately disappointing second half performance from us. All went to shit when Duhan decided not to to jump for the kick chase. 

I’m not going to say anything about the ref cos he’s absolutely not the reason we lost today. Fair fucks to the Irish with all the injuries they sustained to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Mack Hansen especially was exceptional. 

Duhan was horrendous today 

A tough lesson for him, went to pieces in the big game

I know it went badly at times with Turner on as well and there were plenty of other issues today, but you surely can't keep picking a hooker as bad at lineouts as Brown. Ashman has to be ahead of him if only on the basis that he doesn't guarantee butchering set-pieces, and even Matthews can take a lineout properly.

5 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Sums up Townsend and the players. Flashy but weak mentally

He wants out now anyway it would seem 

Definitely time for someone new to get a run at coach, before Russell Hogg retire

1 minute ago, Virtual Insanity said:

People here are pretty miserable. We're playing in the first ever six nations to have the top 2 teams in the world, we outplayed France in Paris and were outplayed at home today.

2021 is the one that got away, but this team would have won the 2021 Championship.

f**k me

Ifs buts maybes 

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

No one said the word cheated, the same posters just went on endlessly about the referee, as per whenever Scotland or Glasgow are losing. If the sport is discussed in this manner why isn't the referee the centre of discussion whenever Scotland or Glasgow are winning comfortably? 

It's not difficult to understand that when you come on this thread,  and it's just incessant posts about the ref whenever the game isn't going our way it comes across poorly. 

The referee isn't close to being the reason we've lost that, yet he's made up the majority of the posts. 

Paragraph 1 - You literally used the word cheated

Paragraph 2 - you can watch the game without engaging with this thread if it winds you up so much. Why does it matter to anyone if the rugby thread of a Scottish football forum is negative about the referee. To whom does it "come across poorly?"

Paragraph 3 - so what? Who cares? It's far less disruptive to the thread than boring wankers who don't even know the laws of the game going "you guys sure like talking about referees!" as it at least has some substance 

I still don't understand why we play so flat and 1/2 out against their blitz defence, especially off slower ball. Coming from depth at greater speed makes it harder for the defender to just come flying up, and is more likely to create doglegs/gaps.

When the defence is as efficient as Ireland's, surely even having a carrying pod either side of Finn is going to ask more questions, and force the defenders to make decisions rather than just fly up and smash.

Big improvements needed before we play them again in the autumn