Rugby Union

kiwififer

21 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Mark Dodson coming under fire from the family of Siobhan Cattigan who died after suffering two head injuries while on Scotland duty.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/96ae5a50-a08a-11ed-be83-0b182bac2124?shareToken=8cbdbfc85960af68bd8ae35da4cfa054

As he should, it’s been scandalous the way he seems to just be sitting hoping it goes away.

image.png.2cb7b78db9705fd8db714a05cfab0119.png

That's the team for me. Honestly think you have to go and attack this England team, hence the centre partnership (I'd have Harris alongside Kinghorn on the bench) but if I was actually in charge would probably go more conservative as I suspect Townsend will. Ashman at 2 as he throws the best arrows for me, and Richie as England will probably field 3 or 4 lineout options and he's the best hope of consistent clean ball. Could be a good time to go for a 6-2 split as well, protect Watson on his return and get Crosbie in the match day squad as he looks to be really effective at the moment. 

16 hours ago, come on shire said:

Sir Tom Jones's Delilah is the next song to face a cancel culture in the 6 Nations it seems. It's not to be played at Wales home games.

Thank the lord for that.   Anyway, the Scotland team to play England is…. Unexpected.  

image.png

33 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Is Sutherland injured as well, have seen him being mentioned?

Can never know with Sutherland but I've a feeling the TH situation means they are just trying to make sure that at least Berghan will be coming on alongside folk he trains with regularly. 

Sione and Jones at centre could run riot as they can swap positions easily, but im not sure defensively on those 2 as a partnership.

Could be bad defensively, yeah, but this is a big opportunity and the selection has made me very hopeful that Townsend is finally getting over the risk aversion which has held us back (imo) over the last few years. Would be very fitting as it was the 6N before the last world cup that he went the other way, from very attacking to cautious. For me a big benefit of an attacking centre partnership is that it puts a lot less pressure on Hogg to be involved so frequently in attack, letting him pick his moments more often and feed off other people's breaks.  I think the sluggishness of the pack that's out could hamper our attack a bit, as you've said, but circumstances dictated some of that and if the first priority for our locks is fix the lineout that's again held us back for a while then Richie and Gilchrist are probably right to get the nod. 

Could see this going anywhere from Scotland by 7-10 to England by 20, not sure the effect Borthwick could have had in the time he's been given. 

It's pleasing that Fagerson and Watson are injury-free but I'm guessing this game might just be a bit too soon fitness-wise?  

Having Ritchie and Fagerson in that back row is excellent but it's a blow that Darge hasn't made it.

I'm loving that centre combination at Murrayfield but away at a place like Twickers I'd have started Harris due to his defensive qualities.  The fact that Horne isn't starting speaks volumes of the depth we have now but I'm surprised that Price isn't in the squad.  Is there an injury there?

England's team is announced this afternoon I believe...

4 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

They seem to be retaining the Eddie policy of pretty much leaking important details beforehand, Tuilagi not expected to start, Smith - Farrell - Marchant midfield apparently. 

That's a fair assessment.

Tuilagi has constant injury problems.  I'm surprised he's not retired yet...

Scotland U20's heading for a creaming as per.

At football I support East Stirlingshire in the Lowland League. In the league there are Old Firm and Hearts B/academy teams. That's an idea for the Edinburgh and Glasgow Warriors youngsters. Get them in the Super 6 to make 8 teams. They couldn't be awarded the title but they'd still be playing home and away vs the other 6 semi pro sides and each other. Hopefully regular competitive game time would make them a more skilful unit when they get together with Scotland's U20's.

Edited by come on shire

1 minute ago, come on shire said:

At football I support East Stirlingshire in the Lowland League. In the league there are Old Firm and Hearts B/academy teams. That's an idea for the Edinburgh and Glasgow Warriors youngsters. Get them in the Super 6 to make 8 teams. They couldn't be awarded the title but they'd still be playing home and away vs the other 6 semi pro sides and each other. Hopefully regular competitive game time would make them a more skilful unit when they get together with Scotland's U20's.

I saw a tweet saying all but one of the England team have played professional rugby and only one of the Scotland team has. 17 minutes of it. There needs to be more opportunity. Truth is, Scotland look fairly dangerous ball in hand and running, they are just getting blown away in the pack.

2 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Would work better than the original plan of sprinkling those players through the super 6 clubs (is awful in football though)