Rugby Union

kiwififer

On 17/01/2023 at 17:11, Savage Henry said:

Is he?   I just don’t see it.   He and Harris just seem so lacking in flair at international level.    I would argue Townsend still has no idea who his best centres are.  

It wasn't too long ago England were all over the place in centre selection. Tuipulotu was excellent against Argentina in November and is playing well for Glasgow generally. However you make a good point. The double edged sword of having healthy competition in a position means it's up to the coaches to create consistency there.

There could perhaps be an argument for resting players on Friday night ahead of Scotland camp and the Dragons game next Saturday as we're guaranteed the last 16 and only need a point for a home tie. The only issue is that if we do that against Bath then we might not get a point as they'll be at full strength as they must win.

Rufus McLean could be in danger of getting sacked maybe? The Warriors have did the right thing.

52 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I say start Huw and Sione against England, baws oot. Looks like they've not really been keeping to traditional 12/13 roles in attack playing together at Glasgow so could give Russell some chaos to work with. 

I'm guessing and hoping that England and Wales will be at least briefly in transition due to new head coaches so we need to be winning at least the home game vs Wales. For that reason I think that's a great idea. That's a 10/12/13 that could do real damage. Furthermore start George Horne at 9 in both those games to add to the quick ball.