Rugby Union

kiwififer

4 hours ago, Ignoramus said:

Rennie for Scotland if Townsend buggers off post WC?

Wouldn't be surprised. In fact, have we not lost a couple of coaches recently? Could see him joining up before the WC.

Only thing I'm thinking is was one of the reasons for Rennie leaving Glasgow not because his wife wanted to be closer to kids/grandkids in NZ?

If Toonie is away after the World Cup Rennie must be quite high on the list to replace him.

The only issue would be if someone gets in before the SRU do. I would assume the only options for Rennie would be a NZ franchise if he fancies waiting on the NZ job coming up / staying at home or Europe / Japan other international side. You would hope Scotland would be his first choice having already been here for a while but given there is likely to be Leicester, Bath, Ulster all looking for new coaches soon hopefully we dont lose out.

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

If Toonie is away after the World Cup Rennie must be quite high on the list to replace him.

The only issue would be if someone gets in before the SRU do. I would assume the only options for Rennie would be a NZ franchise if he fancies waiting on the NZ job coming up / staying at home or Europe / Japan other international side. You would hope Scotland would be his first choice having already been here for a while but given there is likely to be Leicester, Bath, Ulster all looking for new coaches soon hopefully we dont lose out.

He surely wouldn't expect to get the AB job given his record with the Wallabies?

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He surely wouldn't expect to get the AB job given his record with the Wallabies?

I more meant if he gets a gig in Super Rugby he would have a 1 in 5 shot at getting the NZ job if it came up, obviously if he is seen to be doing well at one of the clubs he may have a shot at it

Rennie left Glasgow to be closer to home as his wife wanted to be nearer the family especially since they became grandparents. I could be wrong but I'd be surprised if he takes the job.

I've always thought Mike Blair is a great servant to Scottish Rugby but I'm just not feeling it for him to be the head coach. I just get naïve Danny Wilson vibes when I think of him as Scotland head coach.

Danny Wilson is going to Harlequins next season to be the forwards line out coach.

Sione Tuipulotu has signed a new deal with Glasgow which is great news.

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

I think Tonnie is almost certainly away after the WC, in fact the cynic in me thinks he's only getting the WC because the SRU think we are stuffed either way. I honestly think if we'd been on the same side of the draw as Wales, England and Australia we'd be changing manager right now as well, those three teams will never have a better chance of winning it with the way the draw has gone, even if they are shite.

Some Kiwi journalists are saying that the SRU have been looking in New Zealand for the new head coach. With Leon MacDonald (current Blues head coach) getting ,mentioned if he doesn't get the All Black job