Rugby Union

kiwififer

I find it mad that we are picking Jones at 12 and Tuipoltu at 13. Although both are much better outside rather than inside surely you would go with Tuiuplotu at 12 given GT only ever playes him there for Scotland?

Also I take it we are expecting this to be a forward battle given we have picked 3 8's for the backrow and 6 forward subs.

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

I find it mad that we are picking Jones at 12 and Tuipoltu at 13. Although both are much better outside rather than inside surely you would go with Tuiuplotu at 12 given GT only ever playes him there for Scotland?

Is that not down to the fact that Jones isn't the best defender and easier to defend the 12 channel?

2 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Is that not down to the fact that Jones isn't the best defender and easier to defend the 12 channel?

Possibly, although it's probably also that the gameplan allows either of them to slot in to either role at various stages. I don't think the numbers on their backs particularly matter for that combination, unlike if it was one of them alongside Sammy J

Glasgow started pretty well, though really should be up already, butchered a huge chance on the line before giving away a honking penalty. If they can keep doing this and keep the pressure on they can win this well. Big ifs though!

1 minute ago, GAD said:

Glasgow started pretty well, though really should be up already, butchered a huge chance on the line before giving away a honking penalty. If they can keep doing this and keep the pressure on they can win this well. Big ifs though!

Actually think the space at Murrayfield will suit us a bit more against their huge pack than Scotstoun would

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Actually think the space at Murrayfield will suit us a bit more against their huge pack than Scotstoun would

Finally get the try they deserve. Probably should be a yellow for Perpignan as well, but good move and finish. Classic Glasgow would be now to concede.straight from kick off! 

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

Finally get the try they deserve. Probably should be a yellow for Perpignan as well, but good move and finish. Classic Glasgow would be now to concede.straight from kick off! 

Yeah, thought they might get a warning at least for the one that's just happened as well, considering that was under another advantage

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yeah, thought they might get a warning at least for the one that's just happened as well, considering that was under another advantage

I'm going to sound like a whining conspiracy theorist again, but that's twice they have cynically dropped a maul that was heading over and because we've scored after each time the ref has done nothing, but I've seen Glasgow and Edinburgh yellow carded under those circumstances multiple times.

Just now, GAD said:

I'm going to sound like a whining conspiracy theorist again, but that's twice they have cynically dropped a maul that was heading over and because we've scored after each time the ref has done nothing, but I've seen Glasgow and Edinburgh yellow carded under those circumstances multiple times.

It seems to be a standard practice in the URC this season, but not so much in the English or French leagues.

Glasgow need to be smart here, and not let then drag us down with this snidey shit

Just now, GAD said:

Good reffing there despite the linesman behaving like a p***k.

On replay, think Cancelliere was a bit lucky, he did make contact with the face, although it was an attempted push, and the Perpignan guy did the same.

Probably the right decision overall from the officials though

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

On replay, think Cancelliere was a bit lucky, he did make contact with the face, although it was an attempted push, and the Perpignan guy did the same.

Probably the right decision overall from the officials though

I didn't really see a good replay tbh, I thought it was just handbags. Actually thought the tip tackle on Weir was a bit naughty there.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

I didn't really see a good replay tbh, I thought it was just handbags. Actually thought the tip tackle on Weir was a bit naughty there.

There wasn't much in it, but he definitely caught the Perpignan player in the face.

Daft try to lose there. Tuipolotu got the ball dislodged by a player who was preparing to clear, there was no need for him to pick up and go again. Although the pass looks forward