Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, Detournement said:

A brilliant half for us. It's just a shame we left some points on the field. 

Scotland are a different animal with Russell, the opposition give us so much more respect. Townsend is a an idiot. 

100%, I can't even point to anything particularly amazing Russell has done, but we are just better.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

100%, I can't even point to anything particularly amazing Russell has done, but we are just better.

I'm not an expert but it always seems like when Russell is there defences have to be aware of every player in the line as a threat whereas with Kinghorn and Hastings our moves are very easy to read.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

He just plays that little bit flatter which allows the guys outside him to hit it at more pace and win the contacts. He also has an ability to read the defence on the fly, which means they don't come off the line as quickly as they try to cover everything he could possibly do.

We simply can't play exactly the same way without him, as there are very few 10s in the world who can do what he does

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He just plays that little bit flatter which allows the guys outside him to hit it at more pace and win the contacts. He also has an ability to read the defence on the fly, which means they don't come off the line as quickly as they try to cover everything he could possibly do.

We simply can't play exactly the same way without him, as there are very few 10s in the world who can do what he does

Like all world class players  he just looks like he has loads of time on the ball, and everything seems really easy. He just brings in other players so well with the little offloads